Products / Our History
The heritage and tradition of singing fine choral music in the Lawrence community and Douglas County dates to the 1920's with the founding of the Lawrence Choral Union. In 1975, the musical heritage of the city was given new life by a group of enterprising local musicians who gathered together to start the Lawrence Civic Choir. Independently of one another, Tom Wilcox and Dave Grisafe were thinking seriously of forming an adult chorus to sing and perform masterworks of choral repertoire. Once they discovered each other, the Lawrence Civic Choir became a reality. Members of the organizing Board of Directors were Tom Wilcox, Chairman, Dave Grisafe, Vice Chairman, Donald Albin, Treasurer, Chris Lane Secretary, Dan Abrahamson, Janice Cobb, Peter Curran, Virginia Curran, Ruth Harwood, Cora Lee Price, Richard Roller, Juanita Strait, and Jackie Shmalberg. . .
Please click on the link below to see our full history . . .