Products / Court Directions
Directions to the Judicial & Law Enforcement Center (JLE)
Coming from I-70
* Take the East Lawrence exit. After passing through the tollbooth, turn left (south) at the traffic light intersection onto North 3rd Street. Continue southbound through 2 traffic lights and continue over the Massachusetts Street Bridge. * At the end of the bridge, continue south on Vermont Street to 11th Street. Turn left (east) onto 11th Street. * At 11th and Massachusetts street, continue east through the traffic light and the Douglas County Law Enforcement and Judicial Center will be located on your right (south). Parking is available in a large lot on the south side of the building. The public entrance is on the west side of the Judicial and Law Enforcement Center.
Coming from K-10
* Take Massachusetts street north (coming from the west, make a left; coming from the east, make a right). Massachusetts street will take you straight to the Douglas County courthouse. Right before the 11th Street stoplight, make a right into a drive which will lead you to the parking lot of the Judicial and Law Enforcement Center. On the north (left) will be the courthouse, and on the right (south) is the parking lot. The public entrance is on the west side of the Judicial and Law Enforcement Center.
Please see identifying signs suspended from the ceiling on the first floor and lower level to help find your location. Also feel free to inquire of the security guards upon entering the building.
Citizen Review Board (CRB)
* When in the building, proceed through court security in the lobby. Next go to the carpeted hallway through the set of doors on your left and down the hall. At the corner, make a right around the corner. The Citizen Review Board is located across the hall from the Pro Tem Division Office, on the left side of the hall.
Clerk of the District Court
* The Clerk's office is in the basement. Use the elevators behind the security guards or the stairwell (through the door to the right of the elevators) to go downstairs. The entrance to the Clerk's office is opposite the elevators in the basement.
* The Trustee's office entrance is in the building lobby, ahead of you and to the right as you exit the metal detector.
Division Offices & Courtrooms
* Divisions 2 and 5 are the first offices on your left (north) as you walk down the main hallway on the first floor. The courtrooms are adjacent to their respective offices. * Divisions 1, 3 and 6 offices are through the door on the far west end of the main hallway on the first floor. The Division 1 courtroom is to the right of the office entrance. The Division 3 and Division 6 courtrooms are to the left of the office entrance. * Division 4 is in the basement. Go down the stairs or elevator in the lobby to the basement. Turn right out of the elevator, or proceed straight ahead from the stairwell, and follow the hallway to the right. About halfway down the hall on your left are the Division 4 offices. The Division 4 courtroom is on the left before you reach the offices. * Pro Tem Division offices are on the first floor. Follow the main hallway from the lobby, and turn right when the hallway turns right. The Pro Tem entrance is the only doorway on the right. Pro Tem hearings generally are in the Pro Tem Courtoom, which is the first room on your right as you proceed from the lobby down the main hallway on the first floor.
* Community Corrections and Court Services probation officers share offices in the basement. Go down the stairs or elevator in the lobby to the basement. Turn right out of the elevator, or proceed straight ahead from the stairwell, and follow the hallway to the right. Follow the hallway almost until you come to stairs and a ramp. The entrance to the probation offices is to the right, beside the ramp.