To quote the marquee, "Meat this good don't need no sauce!" This place is awesome! Not only is the pulled pork outta control delicious, but the chicken wings are straight up addictive! The staff is ultra friendly, and super helpful. And while the portions are big business, the staff is so friendly, that it feels as though you're walking into your own home. They truly understand what customer service means! Next time you're in the mood for amazing food without a'lotta frills, for sure give this great Lawrence destination a try!!! I highly suggest the wings with vinegar sauce and a side of fried pickles!!!
THE FOOD IS AVERAGE. THE STAFF IS HELPFUL. ALTHOUGH THE LACK OF GLOVES WORN BY EMPLOYEES IS DISGUSTING. I OBSERVED "THE FRY GUY" OCCASIONALLY EATING OUT OF THE SAME CONTAINER THAT CUSTOMERS ARE SERVED FROM. (WITH AND WITHOUT GLOVES) HE ALSO WIPED HIS NOSE 2 X AND NEVER LEFT HIS STATION TO WASH HIS HANDS.
Horrible service: I am not satisfied with the way they run there facility. I waited for 15 minutes in the drive through for someone to take my order. No one came to help and I left to find a place that cares about their customers. Don't eat here you wont get served
I recently discovered the goodness that is Biemer's BBQ. Excellent food and good service. It can get a little expensive, but i usually try to go with the special combo on the board. I've never been disappointed. My favorite is the pulled pork sandwich and their regular sauce.
Biemer's is my favorite BBQ place in Lawrence. I have tried pretty much everything on the menu, but I usually go with their Large Brisket Sandwich.
When the briskets is at its best (65%) of the time, it is the best I have ever had. Moist, a little fat, but not too much. Just really tasty. The rest of the time (35%) is still better than most brisket, can be a little dryer than ideal, or maybe a little too much fat, but I still really enjoy it.
I should say, I don't even use any sauce. The way they prepare brisket, it doesn't even require it.
My second favorite is the pulled pork. Very good.
If you are going for the first time, you have to try the brisket. If you are like me, it will be difficult to try anything else.
I'm pretty much a vegetarian and still love this place!
Not much on the menu for me, but the baked potatoes are HUGE. I mean freaking HUGE and roasted to perfection. Ok I'm weird, but I put a ton of pickled and BBQ sauce on the top and it's a tasty meal.
What you really need to try is their smoked turkey for thanksgiving. Call ahead and you'll have a complete smoked turkey for your holiday guests. No fussing with the oven or the fryer and your guests will have a unique meal that was no trouble for you at all.
That's one of the keys here: the sauce. Lots of variety right there on the table.
The owner is pretty much on premises and is happy to answer questions and chat things up--and he speaks his mind! He'll tell you quite a few stories about road rallies his been to with his catering truck.
Be prepared to get there early. Meat is prepared daily and when they run out....they run out . That's what's great about a local place. They don't just defrost the meat made in some factory kitchen, Biemers stuff is made right here in Lawrence
We've enjoyed some good meals at Biemer's. Haven't tried the ribs yet, but the sandwiches have always been great. Pulled pork or smoked turkey are favorites. The comments in the earlier review don't ring true. Not only have the staff always been friendly, but several times we've been there the owner has been working and has always made a point of checking in with us and other customers to see how we were doing and making sure we were enjoying the food. Nice to visit a business where the owner takes a real interest and clearly values his customers.