Marsha Henry Goff
Marsha Henry Goff is a freelance writer in Lawrence.
- Home sought for sandrat sculpture
- June 10, 2012
- A proposal is being considered to install a sandrat sculpture on the north bank of the Kansas River, just east of the Massachusetts Street bridge.
- French family cares for the graves of Americans killed on D-Day
- May 30, 2011
- Franck Maurouard and his family of Normandy, France, have not forgotten the sacrifices made by American soldiers trying to liberate France from German occupation during World War II.
- French citizens honor fallen D-Day soldiers for Memorial Day
- May 27, 2011
- Franck Maurouard and his family of Normandy, France, have not forgotten the sacrifices made by American soldiers trying to liberate France from German occupation during World War II. Each Memorial Day for the past 10 years, Franck, his wife, Anne, and their children, Alexandre, 16, and Eloise, 14, have decorated the graves of two American Rangers who died in the D-Day invasion, June 6, 1944.
- Elections are meaner than they used to be
- October 3, 2010
- October is a great month … in off-election years. Unfortunately, this year isn’t one of them as evidenced by the ubiquitous, and often vicious, political commercials that cause us to gnash our teeth and mute our TVs.
- Managing a summer of surprises
- September 5, 2010
- “Have you seen our little squirrel?” asked Ray, brow furrowed with concern. In a summer of surprises, his question was one of the biggest. My husband contends he hates that squirrel for its thievery of the birds’ sunflower seeds and because he recently observed it eating the leaves of hibiscus plants on our deck.
- Jest for Grins: Luck plays a part in recovery from illness
- August 2, 2010
- I don’t know if husband Ray originated that phrase, but he is the first person I heard say it.
- Jest for Grins: Father couldn’t resist lure of technology
- July 4, 2010
- Our father enthusiastically embraced new invention. ANY invention. It didn’t matter if the item was a new kind of mousetrap or a piece of electronic equipment, if Dad could afford it, he was going to own it.
- Jest for Grins: An overwhelmingly 99.44 percent majority of men are great guys
- June 6, 2010
- “If you acted like that guy,” I exclaimed to husband Ray, “you’d be dead, and I’d be in jail!”
- Jest for Grins: Technology-challenged Mom appreciates IT son
- May 2, 2010
- There are 55 million tweets a day on Twitter, and not one of them is mine.