Sound Off for November 2006
- I have seen a lot in the news lately about Sunflower Electric Power Corp. seeking an air quality construction permit through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment to build three new 700-megawatt coal-fired steam generating units at its current station in Holcomb. Where can I send a written comment?
- Is there any law about bicycle riders riding their bikes on the streets after dark without lights or reflective gear?
- Did the Journal-World not make public a voters guide this year? I usually look for it and didn't find it.
- Lawrence High School's pom coach, Ashley Stewart, was fired after an incident involving a pom squad member who admitted to drinking and was then allowed to cheer at the Sept. 29 homecoming football game. Was the student reprimanded?
- I recently was told by the towing company that if it is a police call to have your car towed and it is an accident, it costs $150 to tow your car as opposed to $40 if you call yourself. I'd like to know the difference between the police call and a personal call.
- I thought they found the guy responsible for the hit and run at 13th and Kentucky that killed a student, so why hasn't he been pressed with any charges?
- I would like to know if the Journal-World has editorially ever supported anyone other than a Republican for governor or senator? I can do research but it would take a long time. Hope you have an answer.
- Who designed the Docking Family Gateway? And why did it end up being so much of a nothingness? It's so blah.