LJWorld.com weblogs At Whit's End
LJWorld.com's most-popular stories for Tuesday, May 17 and lists of college graduates
It's been a sad Wednesday morning so far. We had two early breaking news stories. The first is a fatal rollover accident on U.S. Highway 59 south of Lawrence and the second is a house fire in the 700 block of Maple Street in North Lawrence.
We're in for scattered showers throughout the day, and it looks like a chance for thunderstorms overnight. According to the National Weather Service forecast, it's going to rain the rest of the week.
One other note — We've uploaded lists of candidates for degrees from Baker University, Kansas University and Haskell Indian Nations University. You can filter the lists alphabetically by name, degree, school and department.
Most-viewed stories on LJWorld.com for Tuesday, May 17
- Town Talk: Church purchases property for O’Connell Road development; Burger King project moving ahead in northwest Lawrence; historic preservation event set for Thursday
- First Bell: State to squeeze $3 million out of Lawrence district; district to advertise for chief operations officer; administrator to mull contract approaching $250,000
- Roy Williams, Randy Towner defeat Bill Self, Notah Begay in charity skins game
- OTS: What do you do to pass the time during a power outage?
- U.S. News ranks KU as most popular medical school in country
Most-commented items in the past 24 hours
- LTE: Medicare plan
- One person killed in rollover accident on U.S. 59 Highway, south of Pleasant Grove Hill
- Gov. Sam Brownback defends decision to expand wind-free zone in Flint Hills
- OTS: What are your summer vacation plans?
- Kansas Highway Patrol releases more details of investigation of fatal accident on K-10