Archive for Friday, May 6, 2011

Kansas Highway Patrol releases more details of investigation of fatal accident on K-10

May 6, 2011

Fatality accident on K-10 diverts traffic

A fatality accident left two dead and three seriously injured Saturday afternoon. The accident on K-10 near Eudora caused traffic to be rerouted through the town. Enlarge video

Kansas Highway Patrol investigators focused on 24-year-old Ryan Pittman’s use of marijuana, anxiety medication and methadone as a contributing factor to a deadly April 16 crash on Kansas Highway 10 near Eudora.

“The combination of drugs in (Pittman’s) system would cause response time to be very slow,” Trooper Casey Simoneau wrote in his accident report completed this week.

Pittman and 5-year-old Cainan Shutt, of Eudora, died in the crash. Troopers said Pittman’s eastbound Toyota Camry drifted across the median near the Church Street interchange and struck head-on the westbound minivan that Cainan’s stepgrandfather, Danny Basel, was driving.

Simoneau told the Journal-World earlier in the week that drug use and driver inattention would be listed as contributing factors to the crash but that troopers wouldn’t know a specific cause for Pittman’s car drifting across the median.

Simoneau’s written report obtained by the Journal-World lists more details about what troopers discovered, mostly through interviews, in their investigation:

• Pittman was attending a methadone clinic, and his last known payment to the clinic was March 25.
  • He would also take Xanax, a type of benzodiazepine used to treat anxiety, without a prescription once or twice a day if he had the pills.
  • Pittman also would smoke marijuana two or three times a day when he had it.
  • The highway patrol initially identified Pittman as a Eudora resident, but the report lists a Lawrence apartment as his address. Eudora Mayor Scott Hopson has said Pittman’s family has longtime ties to Eudora.
  • Troopers found no evidence that Basel, a Eudora man who is a city of Lawrence public works employee, was impaired or that he was using his cell phone during the crash. Ali Shutt, Cainan’s mother, has said her children were with their grandparents for an Easter egg hunt that afternoon. Cainan’s sister, Courtlynn Shutt, 2, suffered a broken vertebra but is expected to make a full recovery, and his grandmother Ann Basel was also injured and later released from the hospital.
  • Cainan was secured by a seat belt and booster seat, and Courtlynn was secured in a child-restraint seat with a harness. The Basels wore seat belts, but Pittman did not.
  • According to Danny Basel’s written statement to troopers, his wife grabbed his arm when she saw the car coming across the median. He immediately put his foot on the brake to slow down to 60 mph, and he tried to move into the inside westbound lane to avoid the Camry. But a car in that lane was too close for him to move over. “At that time I looked to see where the car was, and he was about eight feet from us,” according to Basel’s statement. “I decided to change lanes and at that instant he turned into us and hit us head-on.”
  • Troopers said the speedometer on the Camry stopped at about 45 mph and the van’s speedometer was stopped at approximately 65 mph.
  • The report also notes Pittman’s license was suspended at the time. According to state records, the suspension took effect Jan. 25 for failing to maintain continuous liability insurance or file evidence of insurance. His state driving record listed zero prior accidents.

After the crash, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback directed the Kansas Department of Transportation to reopen a study about whether a cable barrier should be installed in the median along K-10 east of Lawrence to stop vehicles from drifting into the wrong lanes of traffic. KDOT officials are scheduled to meet with city officials, including those from Lawrence and Eudora, on Thursday.

Comments

devobrun 3 years, 7 months ago

It was inattentive driving, brought on or exacerbated by drugs. Drugs. Drugs. Drugs. Drugs..........Drugs.

While driving.

Drugs.

Hello. Anybody out there?

Drugs.

He was a great guy......but.....Drugs.

Wake up, anybody out there?

Drugs.
Sophisticated, Obfuscated, Nuanced.....drugs. It wasn't that he was unloved, misunderstood, or any...friggin' thing else.

It was drugs. Get it everybody? It was drug use. While driving. No excuse, it was just drugs. He was drugged. He took drugs. He should not have been driving while doing those drugs.

Go to the schools. Go to the papers, Go wherever you will but proclaim that it was drugs. Make a big headline, LJW. It was drugs. Make people aware that when they drive on drugs that they kill 5 year old kids. Because they used drugs. Everybody who knew this man and didn't take his car away from him should know that it was drugs.

Do you know a person who uses drugs? Take their car away from them, now. Pull the spark plug wires out and take them home with you.

Look in the mirror.

Russell Fryberger 3 years, 7 months ago

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

Gary Anderson 3 years, 7 months ago

wow...that was powerful...so many are in denial about the dangers of drug use...I'm sure you will hear from some of them.

engagedecoy 3 years, 7 months ago

"It wasn't that he was unloved, misunderstood, or any...friggin' thing else."

A lot of the time, those are the cause for people turning to drugs, wake up you silly puppet, pull the blinders off and look around. You are almost as careless as he was by posting on here like you are all knowing and know this man's situation.

Not every drug user is a worthless piece of scum, some of them just need the love and care of fellow human beings but we are all too wrapped up in our own little lives to spare a few dollars for people of our own country, yet every major disaster around the world and we are texting to donate $10 to other countries.

Where's the text campaign for the states currently being ripped apart by floods?

Prepare and embrace for 2012, mans self inflicted fatal wounds are greed, selfishness and lack of responsibility and compassion towards fellow humans, religious followers, family, friends, and everything in between. Man will bring upon his own ending.

engagedecoy 3 years, 7 months ago

I am not condoning his actions, but merely stating that you should not speculate about a person that you do not know. It's rude, disrespectful, and childish.

No matter what this person did, they still deserve respect as any other person does at all times.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

I think you missed the point. Devobrun wasn't saying anything about the driver as a person. Just the fact that he did drugs and because he did drugs a 5 year old is no longer with us. I'm sure there are a lot of nice, respectable people out there that do drugs also. But if they do, regardless of who they are as a person, they can hurt someone while driving and don't need to be behind the wheel.

engagedecoy 3 years, 7 months ago

"A preliminary autopsy report indicated Pittman had marijuana, benzodiazepine and methadone in his system, but the full autopsy is not yet complete."

Just because they find drugs in someone's system does not mean that was the full cause of what happened.

Drugs stay in the body for an extended period of time, especially in the blood stream.

Until the people working hard to investigate this tragedy release some information regarding it further, LJWorld should STRICTLY moderate and approve all message on here, because all the accusations are sickening.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

Okay sorry, I get what you're saying now.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

I don't blame KDOT. Please tell me when I have put the blame on them? At one point I thought you were understanding where I was coming from but apparently you have missed everything that I have said. I think the first solution to preventing these types of accidents are not being distracted drivers. But just because I'm being aware and doing my part doesn't mean the other person across the road is or that they can prevent an unseen health problem (such as a stroke) and in that case I think that if we were to install cable barriers it would protect those who are trying their best to drive safely. In my opinion. I'm not saying KDOT caused this accident what I am saying is that SOMETHING needs to be done to prevent future accidents. Maybe it's not cable barriers, maybe it's cement barriers, maybe it's driving classes, maybe sand traps, I don't know. I don't have all the answers and I have never claimed to. All I can say is that I see a problem and want us as a community to come together, rally around this problem, and try to motivate KDOT to find a solution and not put it on the back burner.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

Then I will 100% apologize for feeling offended. I really do have respect for your opinion so I did kind of get overly defensive there. I assumed that since the comment was right after mine it was directed towards me. But you know what they say about assuming..... I think this is a big reason why I don't text is because it's hard to maintain an ongoing conversation and to understand exactly where the other party is coming from, especially when someone tries to be sarcastic.

I definitely think there are other roads that need worked on and that they shouldn't be pushed aside. In fact, my personal biggest concern is the 2-lane highways such as 24 Hwy, 32 hwy, etc. Those are the roads I drive the most. But I feel like if this is the road everyone is focusing on now, I want to rally behind this cause. I think seeing the changes that can be made on K-10 will only encourage us to work with KDOT to improve other roads.

seekthetruth 3 years, 7 months ago

He committed a dastardly act! He was on illegal drugs along with a prescribed drug and had no drivers license. Why was he driving at all? I have to forgive him to heal myself but respect him?? I don't think so!
PS: We can text to campaign for anything we want and we chose to supportK-10 improvements. Sorry if you don't like that !!

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

seekthetruth, before I comment and put my foot in my mouth again, I'm curious who your comment is towards. Is the above comment towards me?

Bursting 3 years, 7 months ago

Ok everyone knows drug use and driving is bad. But did the article actually mention that investigators proved he was intoxicated at the time of the crash or that he just had "drugs" in his system? I guess I missed it, but until I hear or read that an investigator actually says he was messed up at the time then I'm not jumping to "drugged driving" conclusions.

Bursting 3 years, 7 months ago

And I guess I don't understand how Methadone could have been a "contributing" factor on April 16 when his last know visit and payment to the clinic was March 25?

costello 3 years, 7 months ago

It doesn't say his last visit was on March 25, only the last payment. The preliminary autopsy report says methodone was found in his system. Why does it matter when he paid or visited the clinic?

engagedecoy 3 years, 7 months ago

Prescription drugs stay in your system for days.

"Methadone has a slow metabolism and very high fat solubility, making it longer lasting than morphine-based drugs."

STOP SPECULATING, let the investigators do their work and have some respect.

Linda Endicott 3 years, 7 months ago

Have some respect for what? He had Xanax in his system, and had no prescription for it...which is illegal, so I guess he had no respect for laws about prescription drugs...who gave the Xanax to him? Is whoever gave it to him culpable in any way? I have taken Xanax in the past...my doctor put me on it once because they wanted me relaxed for a test I was having done...I'd never taken it before...boy, I was relaxed all right...I could hardly stand up and say a coherent word...I definitely wouldn't even have thought about driving while on it...so why did he?

tkmoore 3 years, 7 months ago

really lets spend money for cables right, i lived in eudora every one knows every one, there are people know this guy was driving his car why are we willing to let this happen poor guy, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL

MasterShake 3 years, 7 months ago

So sad that this burn-out took a life that was not his to take.

sulliedotcom 3 years, 7 months ago

Does anyone know what happened with that rollover accident right by exit 204 on I-70 today?

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

I don't know, but I would feel quite safe in assuming that driving into the ditch had something to do with it. Just a guess, of course.

2GenLtown 3 years, 7 months ago

As a psych student I know Methadone is a powerful drug used by recovering heroin addicts. Added with xanax and this guy might have been in left field at the time of the accident. From what I've read/ seen in documentaries, heroin addicts will combine methadone and xanax to get a high as good or better than heroin can offer. Don't mess with that stuff kids.

I've driven by the spot of the accident several times since and there is no reason for someone to cross over there unless they are asleep or extremely drugged. As an anxiety sufferer I've consumed xanax before (legally) and I promise it would be very dangerous to drive highway speeds while under the influence of it. I can barely get off my couch after a tab of xanax. Added to the Methadone and almost certainly you have your cause. The marijuana would have made no difference one way or the other.

God bless those who lost loved ones in this accident.

Daniel Dicks 3 years, 7 months ago

I believe you are most correct with the unvarnished truth.

seekthetruth 3 years, 7 months ago

Marijuana would have made no difference at all??? You need to study pharmacology pscyh student 2GenLtown before you stat that!! Call Dr. Aube or Dr. Audus or Dr. Stella at the KU School of Pharmacy and they'll tell you about that mix buddy!!

Kiana Griffin 3 years, 7 months ago

Mr. Pittman also had a dog riding in his car. An unrestrained animal can distract the driver or inadvertently cause an accident. I wonder if this was a factor.

ifuonlyknew 3 years, 7 months ago

You are about ridiculous for even saying that. You must be afraid of pitbulls?

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

Again we'll probably disagree on this but I do think that it's important to bring the fact that an animal was in the vehicle and not in a carrier to light. While it most likely didn't happen in this accident, an animal can cause a distraction to the driver if they are not in a carrier. Just my opinion.

muttonchops 3 years, 7 months ago

MrsG didn't say that this was the cause of the accident. She merely suggested a possible cause. Sort-of like what most everyone else on here is doing.

William Pike 3 years, 7 months ago

I've read many comments of speculation, but I am surprised that no one has mentioned vehicular suicide. I assume he entered K10 from the Church street on ramp then the accident was almost immediately after. No median swerve, he swerved toward the oncoming vehicle, no seat belt, dog in car (not going out alone) , using combinations of drugs (depression). There are also rumors going around Eudora High School to this affect. I understand you cannot trust a high school rumor but there may be a hint of truth in there somewhere.

gorilla10 3 years, 7 months ago

It's not appropriate to bring up....We will never be able to prove your theory so why bring something like that up.......come on now.

Stuart Evans 3 years, 7 months ago

I disagree. just because something is uncomfortable or nearly impossible to know with certainty, doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it. There's too many "not appropriate" conversations that are never held because it's not comfortable to some people.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 7 months ago

I'm not sure I would trust a high school rumor especially since the driver was no longer in high school but that's just my opinion. I do wonder if he was using his cell phone. I know the report says that Mr. Basel wasn't but they didn't say whether the driver was or wasn't.

I'm not sure if knowing why this accident happened will give any peace to the family but I do hope that through their efforts to get cable barriers installed and their work to help Cainan's legacy live on that they can find some peace. My prayers go out to both families and the entire community.

I also hope that if anything, we can all look at the things we do while driving and try to be a more aware driver because the things we do can harm not just ourselves but the lives of others.

costello 3 years, 7 months ago

I've tried to post this twice, but it doesn't show up - maybe because I included a link to the other story? Trying again:

According to other stories (google "ryan pittman kainen"), he was on his way to a doggie birthday party at the time of the accident. That would explain why the dog was in the car. It also doesn't sound like the moment to commit suicide.

seekthetruth 3 years, 7 months ago

Cainan is spelled Cainan. Get it right!

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

"Vehicular suicide" might not be a politically correct thing to mention, and indeed it might be shocking to attach that stigma to any particular accident.

However, the fact is that it is believed to be quite common.

KEITHMILES05 3 years, 7 months ago

I do hope the victim's sue the offender and recover many millions!

engagedecoy 3 years, 7 months ago

Add those figures to the the rising cost of the carnage brought on by the DOT's failure to string some wire and plant some stakes deep in the ground to prevent this from happening, no instead we will raise the speed limit 5 mph and spend about, I forget the figure, something like $150,000 to make new speed limit signs for this change.

Great job

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

"I do hope the victims sue the offender and recover many millions!"

Dream on. I don't think he had any insurance. And even if he did, he surely did not have a multimillion dollar policy, very few people in his age group do.

And the state of Kansas is not actually "the offender" due to not having cable barriers, the state does not have any legal obligation to in this particluar case. However, I do believe that a barrier of some kind is absolutely necessary on K-10, and we will see one of some type intalled quite soon, due to the terrible statistics we are seeing there.

There is another point I would like to bring up, this is only my opinion of course: I would rather see "many millions" be used to install some type of barrier to prevent similar accidents in the future, rather than to be used in an attempt to recover damages that cannot possibly be measured in dollars.

thebigspoon 3 years, 7 months ago

Driving on a suspended license would let the insurance company off the hook anyway I would imagine. I am not sure but I think that would allow them a out as to not have to pay. They only insure people with valid licenses.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

thebigspoon - I think you have a very valid point. But I know of a very recent accident where the driver was driving his car with a suspended license, and his insurance company paid off the car anyway after he drove it off the left side of the highway and hit a tree. (fortunately no one was coming the other way at the time!)

And, I believe it was his third driving while suspended violation, and that driver is also facing a total of three DUI charges, as well as a few other traffic violations and, well, I'm not sure exactly, but I think about four other accidents, all in the last three years or so.

Some people simply should not be allowed to ever drive!

seekthetruth 3 years, 7 months ago

Get money from who? The guy had no insurance remember?? Do you think he had an estate if he was in a methadone program?? Get real! Who owns the car Pittman wrecked? Haven't seen that yet.

princess81 3 years, 7 months ago

They can't sue the offender, he died in the crash as well!

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

Well, here comes a dose of religious belief. I do realize that not everyone shares the certainty of my beliefs in matters of this nature:

In a way, I am happy that 5-year-old Cainan Shutt is very safe now, and no one will ever be able to hurt him again.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

Many people believe that our existence continues after our physical death.

Obviously, you don't.

kujayhawk 3 years, 7 months ago

Scott Morgan 3 years, 7 months ago

I knew Ryan well many years ago. I feel terrible pain in looking back at this young man's life.

No excuses, what was done ranks as a worst of the worst crimes a private citizen can commit.

A very selfish crime.

If a book was ever written about his life many of you would be amazed at his first 15 or so years.

I heard the rumors he had changed. Yet I can not think of another young man who worked through unfair challenges, accomplished so much, had many talents, had wonderful manners, and seemed to have a good chance at a great future.

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 7 months ago

Thanks for the update, LJW, but I've all that information already from previous articles. So, what's the point of this article? Compare previous articles, there's literally no new information presented...Ya know, car crashes happen every, single, day, and people are killed or die every day as well--thousands of people die every day in the U.S.A . (around 6000 on average) My question is, why is this one so special? You want a cable barrier on K-10? It will happen one day, be patient...unfortunately, we spent the money for cables on rehabbing the Capitol. Perhaps we should lower the speed limit on K-10 to 55 until the money is available for cables? Please stop beating the dead horse!

2GenLtown 3 years, 7 months ago

More like 115 people per day or around 40 k per year. If 6,000 died daily that would be over 2 million per year.

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 7 months ago

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 7 months ago

4,264,141 annual birth rates / or 11,683 daily births vs 2,487,415 annual death rates / or 6,815 daily deaths.

BruceWayne 3 years, 7 months ago

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 7 months ago

BruceWayne 3 years, 7 months ago

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 7 months ago

seekthetruth 3 years, 7 months ago

Well it was not an accident! This event didn't just happen for NO REASON. MR. PITTMAN DIDN'T ACCIDENTALLY GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE IT! He committed a crime! He knew he shouldn't have been driving: he had no license, he had no insurance and he was doped! His driving murdered Cainan (and himself) and injured three others and hurt a great many people in many different families (including his own I am sure!)

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 7 months ago

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 7 months ago

It wasn't a random crash....GAWD did it. Thank GAWD!

qtksjkmommy 3 years, 7 months ago

This was a horrible tragedy for both families and for the community of Eudora. Nothing said or done is going to change what has already happened. Hopefully barriers of some sort will be put up to prevent future incidents like this from happening.

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

Exactly, qtksjkmommy. However, for some reason these people on this blog seem to think it's their right to judge other people. I wonder how many of them would change their opinions if they knew RYAN WAS DEAD BEFORE HE EVEN WRECKED? And why does the Journal World refuse to publish the info that the coroner released to the family?

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

Ryan Pittman's FULL autopsy is complete. NOW you can make your comments because drugs were NOT TO BLAME.by

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 11:08am Well to all of you, the media and anyone who decided to have an opinion before we even had the full autopsy report back; just shows how ignorant you made yourself look. We found out that Ryan's heart stopped and that is why he crossed the highway. He passed away before the accident! We will have the exact reason for his heart stopping in a few days.

The toxicology report also came back to show insignificant amounts of drugs in his system. So for all of you that said it happened because he was a "Drug Addict" get your facts straight!

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

By the way, Ryan would be devastated to know he took any life, let alone that of a child. That's the truth, regardless of anybody's opinion. He loved children.

Linda Endicott 3 years, 7 months ago

Then he shouldn't have been driving at all, since his license was suspended and he wasn't really allowed to drive at all...if he'd been obeying that law, he wouldn't have even been on the highway, and he wouldn't have killed anyone... And he had a drug in his system that he had no prescription for...another illegal thing... Seems to me that, even before he got into his car, he had two choices that affected the outcome...choices the child didn't have... Is it a tragedy? Yes...it's tragic that he died as well...and tragic that people are coming on here and making excuses for him, instead of telling everyone to never, ever, use any kind of drugs and drive...and if your license is suspended, obey that law and take a taxi...

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

No, people shouldn't take illegal drugs, driving or not. However, Ryan was dead before he even wrecked, so the cause of the wreck was his death. Regardless of who believes it, or who has what opinion, that's the facts. And I'm not making excuses for anybody. I don't have to make excuses for Ryan. Yes, he did some illegal things, but none of them contributed to the wreck. What caused the crash was the fact that his heart stopped and he died while driving.

Linda Endicott 3 years, 7 months ago

None of them contributed to the wreck? He wouldn't have even been there to hit those people if he had been obeying the law...he wouldn't have had the accident at all if he had stopped himself from getting behind the wheel in the first place when he wasn't legally allowed to do so...

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

...and what does that have to do with what I posted? I said drugs didn't contribute to the wreck. They didn't.

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 7 months ago

Drugs contibuted to his death, which contributed to his crash.

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

You believe the media? LOL! Ryan was deceased before the crash. His heart stopped while he was driving, causing him to swerve. Whether you believe it or not doesn't change the facts.

Linda Endicott 3 years, 7 months ago

And if he hadn't decided to drive on a suspended license, he wouldn't have been involved in a car crash when his heart stopped, would he? If it even really happened that way...

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

Ryan Pittman's FULL autopsy is complete. NOW you can make your comments because drugs were not to blame.by

Russell Fryberger 3 years, 7 months ago

BruceWayne 3 years, 7 months ago

he was dead before the wreck? do explain...

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

He was. The coroner said his heart stopped. That's why he didn't have any bruising or bleeding after the wreck.

Linda Endicott 3 years, 7 months ago

And if that's really what happened, then perhaps the shock of what he realized was about to happen, because of the choices he made that day, was what caused his heart to stop...

Russell Fryberger 3 years, 7 months ago

I repeat, The driver of the Mini Van said that Ryan swerved back into him at the last second. Does that sound like a dead person?

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

Well, you go right ahead and call up the corner and argue that point with him lol

seekthetruth 3 years, 7 months ago

You go right ahead Second Amendment and say what you want. Danny (the driver of the mini-van) said Mr. Pittman looked up at the last moment and turned right on into Danny and Ann's van. Hum . . . Looking up at Danny and turning the car wheel when he was dead?!?!?!? That is amazing!!

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

The coroner said Ryan was deceased before the crash. That is why he did not bleed or bruise from the crash. It's not my job to prove it to you or to make you believe it. It's the truth whether you're convinced or not.

seekthetruth 3 years, 7 months ago

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

And I am very aware of what Danny said. He also said that he and Ryan looked each other in the eye right before the wreck. I think stress may have played a factor in his confusion. The facts remain, as I stated.

Armored_One 3 years, 7 months ago

I know before posting this that it will be a waste of time, but it's my time to waste.

Why do law enforcement and lawyers dismiss eyewitness reports routinely as unreliable, but here, it's obviously the gospel truth?

Not being in the car, nor having seen the coronor's report, I can't say which is right and which is wrong. Not my place, nor am I interested in starting some Internet urination war. Just wondering why an eyewitness can be dismissed in a court of law as unreliable, but in the court of public opinion, it is beyond contestation?

Stuart Evans 3 years, 7 months ago

because people on here live by emotions. factual evidence is secondary at best.

Kontum1972 3 years, 7 months ago

if he had such a trerrible driving record why didnt his vehicle have a lock out device or his vehicle should of been impounded?

seekthetruth 3 years, 7 months ago

Second amendment: The coroner said, the coroner said, the coroner said . . . Why don't you get the printed autopsy and show it if you are so all knowing. . . Good luck!!

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

NOW YOU CAN GO VIEW THE AUTOPSY.

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

now you can go view the autopsy.

NOW, INSTEAD OF GIVING YOU ALL A "BIG FAT I-TOLD-YOU-SO," LET ME ASK YOU THIS: EVER HEARD OF UNDIAGNOSED DIABETES???

Jonathan Kealing 3 years, 7 months ago

That's not true, according to the coroner's office. We JUST called and checked with them. They said the full autopsy will take 12 weeks to complete and has not been released yet.

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

No, it has not been released to the public. This is what the coroner's office communicated to the family.

Jonathan Kealing 3 years, 7 months ago

They explicitly stated that the final report is not complete yet. It could be another partial version, but the final report is not complete.

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

I JUST spoke to the coroner's office as well, and what the family received was the toxicology report, it is only part of the full autopsy, which is not yet complete, and this is why the full autopsy has not been released yet. However, the Coroner assured me that the information she gave to Ryan's mother and grandfather this morning regarding Ryan's heart failure and minimal amount of drugs in his system is absolutely correct.

SecondAmmendment 3 years, 7 months ago

However, I do apologize for the incorrect information about the "full" autopsy being complete. I wasn't aware until I spoke to the family that it was the toxocology report.

Jonathan Kealing 3 years, 7 months ago

Thanks for clarifying. We'll be posting all the information we can as soon as the fully autopsy is released.