Previous   Next

What are your summer vacation plans?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 18, 2011

Browse the archives

“A big family reunion in Fargo, North Dakota.”

“I’m not going on vacation. I’m staying here.”

“Hanging out with my kids; probably taking them to the zoo up in Nebraska or something like that.”

“My plans for the summer are to work and hang out with my friends.”

Comments

Deja Coffin 3 years, 11 months ago

What about an earthquake??? Do I need to pull out my foil hat?

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Probably work as a volunteer hauling debris (a French word) after the quake this Saturday. Or shooting golf balls on the sand bar. I got your back on the marauding (also French) hordes (Polish origin) R_I. . Doesn't anybody speak 'Merican no more?

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Harold Camping is a very wise man. Just ask him.

LogicMan 3 years, 11 months ago

Yet another one stranded on this rock with all you plains apes.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

Reloading .44s. Then, making more empty brass.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Just checked. Thirteen coffee cans of empty brass. And only three days . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

"The end of the world is nigh; 21 May, to be precise. That's the date when Harold Camping, a preacher from Oakland, California, is confidently predicting the Second Coming of the Lord. At about 6pm, he reckons 2 per cent of the world's population will be immediately "raptured" to Heaven; the rest of us will get sent straight to the Other Place. Mr Camping's argument has convinced Adam Larsen, 32, from Kansas. He is among scores of "ambassadors" who have quit their jobs to drive around America in Family Radio vehicles warning of the impending apocalypse. "My favorite pastime is raccoon hunting," Mr Larsen told CNN. "I've had to give that up. But this task is far more important."

I "reckon" that boys raccoon hunting days will restart about May 22

somedude20 3 years, 11 months ago

I shall spend my summer trying to convince Whitney to give me a free year of the LJW and to take me out to eat a really expensive steak at Pachamama's with a few drinks. The game shall begin now!

somedude20 3 years, 11 months ago

oh, and I want Hollis to write the soundtrack for that night and play it live for us

somedude20 3 years, 11 months ago

Did someone say 7 gram rocks? I'll bang em

Deja Coffin 3 years, 11 months ago

My summer vacation, if you can call it that will be filled with a lot of various activities such as softball/T-ball games, 3 birthdays, a class reunion, helping with vacation bible school, baking cakes for 2 weddings, basketball camp, girl scout camp, and church camp but what I am looking forward to the most are the lazy summer days sitting outside working on the garden or on a good trashy novel while the kids play in the baby pool or on the swing set with the nice aroma of my husband grilling out lingering in the air.

roadwarrior 3 years, 11 months ago

East coast road trip through the smokies, Nashville and into South Carolina to camp next to one of our fabulous Atlantic Ocean beaches. Thanks everybody for having supported our State and Federal Park system.

Sheryl Wiggins 3 years, 11 months ago

shopping for my trip to London in September.