Poll workers in Eudora and Grant Township had to finish work at their polling sites Tuesday with flashlights.
A fatal vehicle crash near Olathe knocked out power in many areas of Eudora, but Shew said poll workers successfully executed their backup plan.
The county’s election machines operate on backup power, and the poll workers were able to finish their job, he said.
“We have everything set up with backup in case something like that happens,” Shew said.
Election Day 2009
- Amyx, Cromwell and Johnson pick up seats on Lawrence City Commission
- Bradford, Sanburn, Byers walk away with seats on Lawrence School Board
- A roundup of area results
- Voter turnout sluggish throughout city
- KU polling location gets 0.2 percent turnout
- Election results unofficial until Friday
- Young sidekick accompanies candidate until victory
- Langston Hughes precinct reports 22 percent turnout
- Lawrence City Commission election results
- Lawrence School Board election results
- Additional election results from around the area