Archive for Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Statehouse Live: Committee to consider resolution condemning United Nations Agenda 21

March 14, 2012

— A Kansas House committee has scheduled a hearing on a resolution that condemns a United Nations plan of "extreme environmentalism, social engineering and global political control."

The House Energy and Utilities Committee will consider United Nations Agenda 21 during a public hearing starting at 9 a.m. Friday.

House Resolution 6018 states that United Nations Agenda 21, approved in 1992, is a covert plan of radical sustainable development that is opposed to the American way of life, specifically private ownership of property, homes and cars and farms.

The House resolution states that this agenda is being pushed through such policies as Smart Growth, regional visioning programs and other "green" and "alternative" projects.

Comments

Mike Ford 2 years, 1 month ago

naw...born again american....I thought I saw you with the old short guy that collects cans on 23rd while I was working. Maybe a couple of you should go collect cans to pay for internet bills. Maybe I'll see the three of you collecting cans and talking to the guy living in the trailer at South Park on Mass St. He's crazy like a loon and paranoid....you all should talk you have delusions and lunacy in common...

Bob Forer 2 years, 1 month ago

I doubt the UN could care less about the opinion of a bunch of Red Neck Politicians living in Kansas.

Mike Ford 2 years, 1 month ago

no one decides how you live your life except you. however in your case your parent might ask you to leave the basement and stop messing up the microwave by leaving the tv dinners in too long and pick up after yourself and pay rent and stop turning a girls guide to depravity so loud at night because you can only pay half on the cable bill. maybe you can collect some more cans to pay more of the internet bill so that you can keep trolling on here.

JayhawkFan1985 2 years, 1 month ago

I suggest Scott contact the American Planning Association, the Urban Land Institute, the American Institute of Architects and find out more from the experts. We need some balanced reporting here, not just what the lunatic fringe believes.

Mike Ford 2 years, 1 month ago

I wonder why none of the geniuses of rightdom are commenting on this? nothing like running from your own stink....

Paul R Getto 2 years, 1 month ago

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/03/14/200577.html They should worry about stuff like this; Mullah Sam might think it's a good idea.

ProfessorSeamus 2 years, 1 month ago

Out of curiosity I copied the first paragraph of the resolution and ran a google search. First result as a "Model Stop Agenda 21 Bill for State Legislatures" with a web address of the John Birch Society. The front page of their website includes an "action kit" to help in the attack against this insidious, twenty year old, non-binding threat.

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

Shakes head and sighs.

I've been doing a lot of that lately.

Ragingbear 2 years, 1 month ago

The state should have no input on this. The UN is something that should only be addressed by the Federal Government.

KU52 2 years, 1 month ago

I am continually amazed at what happens in the Statehouse. Most of the Kansas people are nice folks. How and why do they send these muddleheads to govern the State?

tomatogrower 2 years, 1 month ago

Really? Really? Do you hear the violins playing in Topeka while the state burns.

grimpeur 2 years, 1 month ago

Wow. The Kansas House only 20 years behind the times?

What an improvement!

headdoctor 2 years, 1 month ago

This has been around for 20 years. It along with other non United Nations councils coming up with rules that was all part of or spawned from NAFTA and the redo of GATT that was switched to the WTO. Damn funny that at the time the Republicans were all over the band wagon on this even though it was the start of the deindustrialization of the US and we haven't done to well as a service based Country since then. Imagine that. It isn't the issue of liking or disliking. It is the issue of what makes the Kansas Theocracy think they have any business complaining directly to the United Nations when there isn't one thing that will come from it. They are wasting time when they have more important duties to Kansas citizens to be addressed. Those duties also do not include spending time monitoring what goes on between the thighs of women.

patriot131976 2 years, 1 month ago

Wow, there's a lot of uneducated sheeple commenting on this story. I for one am relieved to see that local government is recognizing the UN's plan to take away our liberties in this country. You all should read up and educate yourselves on Agenda 21. I know this post will be criticized, but you sheeple really need to wake up. Don't start bitching once they take away all your rights, wake up before it's too late! http://newswithviews.com/Marquardt/kathleen103.htm

somebodynew 2 years, 1 month ago

".....global political control."

Heck, when I first read this, I thought it was the GOP political platform actually being revealed. But then I noticed it didn't have any bogus religious and anti-abortion planks.

SDTPlant 2 years, 1 month ago

Seems that the lunatic fringe is now seated as the lunatic mainstream. Not enough state hospital beds left to accomodate them all. You wonder why KS is laughed about/at around the country? No further commentary necessary.

kernal 2 years, 1 month ago

Good grief!! What the H#ll are they thinking in Topeka? Oh, wait; I used the word "thinking". My bad. Never mind.

headdoctor 2 years, 1 month ago

I was trying to figure out what had the Kansas Republicans upset about something that started while daddy Bush was in office. Then it hit me that assuming they can read it is Section 3 of the United Nations Agenda 21 that probably has them the most upset. They can't let those uppity women have those kind of rights.

Hooligan_016 2 years, 1 month ago

Really? I mean come on ... REALLY?!?!?

tolawdjk 2 years, 1 month ago

HOnestly waiting for them to push the Girl Scouts/Planned Parenthood link as well.

It seems no batpoop as too batpoop crazy for these guys.

asixbury 2 years, 1 month ago

I really wish this would be explained further. Why do they believe it to be a "covert plan?" With the little information given in this article, I have no idea what they are talking about. Now I have to do research of my own to find out....darn my curiosity!

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 1 month ago

"is a covert plan of radical sustainable development"

Heh.

Boston_Corbett 2 years, 1 month ago

Beyond belief.

A twenty-year old "covert" attempt to destroy the American way of life. No doubt secretly written and enacted in that far-off hidden lair of terrorists far away from the Western World and the eyes of prying journalists; New York City.

TinmanKC 2 years, 1 month ago

Ahhh.. the GOP legislators gearing up for primary season again. Time to get out the red meat to get their rapid fan base pumped up.

WilburM 2 years, 1 month ago

Amazing. The capitol is awash in difficult, meaningful, controversial issues, and the Legislature is addressing this b.s. /bogus issue. shame on them. Honestly, where do you start in getting your mind around this bunk?

Kirk Larson 2 years, 1 month ago

Paranoia much? Just because the men in black helicopters aren't out to get you doesn't mean the men in white coats aren't as well.

appleaday 2 years, 1 month ago

So, passing this resolution will help create jobs?