Archive for Monday, March 12, 2012

Kansas House OKs changes to concealed carry law

March 12, 2012

The measure would allow concealed carry permit holders to carry weapons in public buildings that lack adequate security, such as metal detectors and security guards. The House approved the changes Monday on a 70-54 vote.

The changes would apply to all public buildings. Allowing the weapons is also viewed as an economic issue because of the cost associated with providing metal detectors and guards at entrances to each public building across Kansas.

Hospitals, colleges and nursing homes would be able to exempt themselves for a specific period of years by sending notification to the attorney general's office.

Comments

overcomer 2 years ago

And besides who are you. Its a free country I have just as much right to be here as you. Last time I checked It is still a free country. Some of us believe we should be able to discuss as adults not as servant to a self appointed egotistical moderator who thinks to much of himself

overcomer 2 years ago

Besides what do you want me to do post the police reports. Sorry if you doubt

overcomer 2 years ago

No. Been a longtime ks Res just got tired of a of statements that have not really thought through.

overcomer 2 years, 1 month ago

Wow what a debate. Like many i am a good "range" Shooter. I unlike most in the debate have had to make the decision. To draw or not draw 7 times since Augusta 18 1979. 1 to 6 ratio the only time was in my home. Believe me it is nerve racking. My question has always been 'would I do it again And is it worth a human life.'
I have not waited for the gov to tell me I could protect my family. That is my responsibilityas their proctor. I will continue to protect the wisest way possible. But that decision is made long before the crises. My situation might be different but the law enforcement. to Is an average of 9min to my home. And my busines is a cash heavy entity. I belive if you ever had to live it your perspective e would be different

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

Oh come on now! I bet it's Obama's way to get my guns! Gonna abolish the 2nd amendment! Take the guns from the gun 1%r's and distribute them to everyone else. Then when everyone shoots each other we will find out that Obamacare doesn't cover it!!

Sorry:) Just trying to move this thread back to the number 1 spot!

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Nah . . . 8-)

I'm old enough to have left the conspiracy theories behind me (most of them anyway)

Just a computer glitch, that's all.

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

It wasn't even on the big map, period this morning. Can't believe these few posts we just added drove it back up to third. I think maybe some one is watching us now. Put it back up since we are all noticing the same thing. Verrrrry interesting.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Hello Hedge. From what I understand, as long as posts are added fairly often the article will stay on the most discussed list. Visits to the article without posting also keep it there. If it goes a few hours without being viewed or posted to other articles/blogs that are busier move up. This one was third from the top when I just now came back to it.

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

I think there are some people that will not be rehabilitated ever. What to do with them I don't know. Is the death penalty an "easy" way out for society? Sometimes. I do think it is a deterrent for some that are already in prison. I have spoken with guards and wardens of different facilities and they say that the threat of the death penalty is the only thing that tempers some prisoners actions. Someone with life without parole has very little to be afraid of.

I do think LJW makes a very deliberate move to control what topics get "air time". Look at this one. Only up since the 12th and over 180 posts. What bothers me is at first it is just people that want to spout off. Then it settles down and some really productive dialog starts. So they pull it off the radar so people don't/can't follow along or new folks miss out on the discussion. And that's not just because it's a liberal site. Conservative's do the same. Seems no one really wants the sides to communicate. Politics! sheesh

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

I do not support the death penalty for any reason. And, yes, I have done much research on the matter. Although many people seem to believe viscerally that it is a deterrent, numerous studies have shown that it's not.

The only reason for it is revenge. Some people think that is a good reason. I don't.

Yes, I know that there are some awful people who perhaps deserve to die. I just don't think we should be making that decision or that the state should be executing it's own citizens.

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

I like how LJWorld buries a subject such as this to where it no longer shows up anywhere. I guess they want to control what is and isn't news and this evidently isn't anymore even though it has over 180 comments posted. More that just about any other topic. But maybe the conversation isn't going the way they want. Oh well. No matter.

Well Lawrence,

If this website requires my personal information in order to establish an account that is one thing. To publish that information openly is another. I for one, want to control who sees my personal information. There are a lot of crazy zealots out there, of which you may be one of, that I would prefer not to divulge that information to. Judging by your last post you might even feel that anyone who supports concealed carry should immediately put to death. And for all I know you may think you have some divine authority to carry out that sentence.

I am more than happy to discuss this issue rationally and maturely. I have no desire to engage in a shouting match with anyone here.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Extremists always seem to want a greater punishment for those they don't agree with. I am confident any CCW holder who breaks the law would be dealt with in the same way as anyone else committing the same crimes. Whoops, sorry. * ANYONE *. Gotta make sure we're talking about the same thing . . .

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

Wow. Where did that come from? And I was enjoying having some intelligent conversation about this too.

Lawrence Morgan 2 years, 1 month ago

I would like to know - and I would like for the Journal-World to find this out - how often a person with a concealed weapon fires it and why. It is clear to me that ANYONE who has a concealed weapon with a permit, who misuses it just once, should have the death penalty. It's that simple.

There is no reason to disagree with that. And that includes the above example of the person who reaches for the cell phone. If the other person has a gun and uses it, then he should go to court and have the death sentence.

Would you defend any person who has a concealed weapon and a permit, and who uses it wrongly, should not receive the death sentence?

And, moreover each person who comments on this and other matters of this importance, should have their name used. No exceptions!

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

"I see no legitimate reason to own a handgun other than to shoot someone."

Perses, I have owned or had access to handguns for over 40 of my 64 years. I have hunted with them, target shot with them and used them to defend myself (no shots fired in both instances). In all I would estimate over 15,000 rounds fired with no human blood spilled. Either I am a very poor shot or I have found things other than "shoot someone" to do with handguns.

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

I can't give you any statistical data to support my statement because there isn't any that is worth anything. I can point you to some websites that have testimonial reports by people who claim they were able to deter a crime without actually firing a firearm. But those would appear bias so you have to take them for what they are worth.

What is you point about crimes are primarily out of desperation? Or are you saying those will happen regardless of whether or not the criminal thinks you have or don't have a firearm on you. Again I can't support with statistics because that data is not tracked well enough to be valid.

How do you think the government should be going after guns? Do you think all hand guns should be outlawed? Many people do.

Scut Farkus 2 years, 1 month ago

"I do think just the fact the people have the ability to carry is a deterrent for crime because more criminals realize that there may be immediate and deadly consequences.." I would like to see some statistics showing that this is true. I personally believe it is not even remotely a deterrent to crime. Most crimes against the general public (not targets or domestic) are out of desperation (drugs, money, etc.) and opportunity. whether a state allow CCP's is irrelevant. If the government is not going to aggressively go after guns, primarily handguns, CCP's are a viable alternative for protection.

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

If I didn't feel I would ever have the need for one I would be happy to leave it at home. It is heavy, makes the pants fit tight, and gets in the way when I sit down. I would still own it because I enjoy the sports of shooting and hunting. If you don't feel comfortable carrying one I would never suggest or force you to do so.

Do I feel safer? Hmmm. I feel pretty safe most all of the time anyway, regardless of whether or not I am carrying at the time. Carrying a firearm does make me feel.....no.... I think it actually does make me better equipped to protect myself in the unlikely event I find myself in one of those situations where I feel justified in using a handgun.

I am not oblivious to your concerns. In fact I take them into consideration when I carry. If, for example, I am in a crowded theater or restaurant, I normally do not have a round in the chamber. I know that there is positively no threat to anyone else with the possibility of an accidental discharge. I also know that is probably the last place I would want to fire a handgun. There is just to great a possibility of a stray bullet hitting someone. The police use that same philosophy. Now if I am in a parking lot or out for a stroll in the evening at the local park, I will have a round in the chamber because that is the situation where being able to act quickly may make all the difference. And in all likelihood I will be alone and I will be the intended target without question.

You are right that this probably isn't "resolvable" due to different positions and feelings on the matter. I do think just the fact the people have the ability to carry is a deterrent for crime because more criminals realize that there may be immediate and deadly consequences if they attack an everyday citizen now. I think criminals now have the mindset that there are very little consequences for their actions which makes them so bold anymore.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

I feel safer that you don't carry a gun, verity.

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

I should add, I don't feel safer when other people are carrying guns, even if they are trained and responsible people.

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

This leads to another question: Would those of you who support concealed carry be willing to give up carrying guns if you felt you didn't need them? I would never feel safer carrying a gun, in fact I would feel much less so for any number of reasons.

I suspect that the biggest problem here, and maybe one that is unsolvable, is that some people feel they are better protected and safe when they have a gun and some of us feel we are safer not carrying one.

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

The state has given control on how open carry is regulated to the individual municipalities. So what ended up happening is the larger urban areas wanted to ban it altogether or severely restrict it. This was resulting in many people getting arrested for open carry infractions in one town but not another. Concealed carry was passed partly to circumvent this patchwork of laws and local regulations by giving CCW permit holders exemptions over local regulations.

I would be fine with open carry but I do think it would create a lot of unnecessary tension and problems by people who oppose it. Carrying concealed seems to be a good compromise by allowing those that want to carry legally, and responsibly, without creating a "scene".

I don't agree that CC will put more guns in circulation. I think the guns are already there. If you want to try and limit the availability of guns getting into illegal or unqualified hands, that is a different argument because those the CC have to jump through the hoops to prove they are legal and qualified. That level of quality can be debated, and I'm sure some will jump on this statement shortly.

I personally don't have a problem with training, registration of firearms, traceable sales, etc... But the problem that exists there is simply that neither side (anti or pro) trust each other. Each assumes that this bill or that bill is a secret attempt to take total control one way or the other. And a lot of that misgiving is based on history. So how do we build trust again?

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

IIRC, open carry used to be legal in Kansas unless a local government banned it. There was a confusing crazy-quilt of laws. Don't recall off the top of my head how the concealed carry laws changed that. One major advantage of carrying concealed is that you don't induce the vapors in nervous people who are terrified in the presence of firearms.

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

Once again, I must be missing something, but why do the guns need to be concealed? Is it legal to carry them unconcealed?

Yes, yes, I realize someone carrying illegally is probably not going to carry unconcealed.

I'll go back to what I said above---the more guns that are out there, the easier it is for someone to get one illegally. It has now become a vicious cycle. More people arm themselves for protection, which puts more guns in circulation, which means more guns to be gotten illegally or by unqualified people. I suspect we've all been had by the gun manufacturers---they have to sell more guns---good for their bottom line and the economy of course.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

"but all I see is you imagining all kinds of situations where you could use your guns."

I would say most CCW holders try to stay aware of their surroundings so that options are available other than firing their weapon. Of course not everyone consumes "shrooms"

thuja 2 years, 1 month ago

Hedge, in every life threatening situation, is the person you envision using a gun?

How do you differentiate yourself from these "attackers", as you also have a gun?

That is what I mean by you become what you fear.

You say what you want to do is have an intelligent conversation about guns, but all I see is you imagining all kinds of situations where you could use your guns.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

jafs. A couple of years ago beatrice made a similiar comment about "reasonable requirements". The problem is that what you think is reasonable, what beatrice thinks is reasonable and what everyone else think is reasonable will never be the same. This leads to someone always wanting to go that next step until guns are no longer owned legally, which is the goal in the first place. I personally think we as gun owners have been more than reasonable.

thuja 2 years, 1 month ago

Roe, quit copy/pasting my posts out of context.

You talkin' for me now?

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

I would love to have an intelligent conversation here on this subject. No one seems to want to do that. If there are other ideas out there with regard to how best to defend ones self in potentially life threatening situations I would love to hear them and debate them.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Good morning Lynn731! For myself I welcome the name calling and stereotyping. It goes a long way to prove how narrow minded and uneducated some people choose to remain on this and so many other subjects.

Lynn731 2 years, 1 month ago

I am always amazed at the number of comments on gun control and abortion. Both are topics that most people will never change their minds about. Why can't you be civil to a person holding an opposing view than yours? Calling people names, like fat rambo, is not only rude, but counterproductive.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

A friend who managed a grocery store in K.C. used to tell me he never worried about being robbed, his attitude was just let them have the money and they will leave. Twenty-two years ago a punk with a Rohm .25 auto fired 6 shots at him at point blank range hitting him 5 times. He saw him rushing him but never expected him to open fire. Luckily my friend is alive to tell about it but still has a bullet lodged in his neck. The punk got away with three bags of bank deposits but was found three months later. This man bought his first gun after he recovered from his wounds and has kept one nearby since then. He was in one of the first CCW classes offered in Kansas and attends related classes at least twice yearly.

thuja 2 years, 1 month ago

Dillon, the only way to "prepare yourself for every possible situation" is to be unattached in every moment, and that includes to your gun, your ego, and your life.

A true "master of situations" doesn't try to predict the future.

All you are doing is creating the thing you fear, i.e. you become the life-threatening situation.

Gandalf 2 years, 1 month ago

The only reason the legislators care about CC in public places is because they don't want to disarm themselves.

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

Anyone!!??? Don't be so quick to judge those who take some personal responsibility then. If anyone has a better solution please come forth! Let us talk.

ljwhirled 2 years, 1 month ago

Remember: When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

thuja 2 years, 1 month ago

Maybe if all you gun owners would stop trying to get the laws changed so much to carry your guns everywhere to protect all of us, the State Government could get some work done! :-)

skinny 2 years, 1 month ago

This is a free country. If someone wants to carry a gun and they have a license to do so more power to them!

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

I have asked this before and never got an answer but I'll try again.

For those who are against legal concealed carry, gun ownership, and especially for those that don't care about it one way or the other...

Do you ever think about, or what is your plan, when it comes to self defense when "help" is not around? The way I see it for myself, at least I am willing to accept being responsible for myself and my loved ones to try and protect them in the absence of law enforcement. If law enforcement is there then by all means let them take over. Policing is not my job. I know that.

You do realize that the courts have ruled that the police are not there to protect the individual but rather society as a whole.

So please. I really would like some feedback as to if people give it any thought to how they can and will protect themselves when confronted with a potentially life threatening situation.

Any takers out there ????? Let's discuss. As adults.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

There used to be a holster company called Seven Trees that made a holster for men that was accessed by opening the fly of your trousers and reaching in to draw the gun. AutoMags need not apply.

globehead 2 years, 1 month ago

"TOPEKA — Concealed carry permit holders in Kansas would be allowed to carry their weapons in more places under a bill heading to the Senate.".....

Good! Before, they could only carry their weapons in their holsters. Now, they can carry them in their underweae which may serve to solve this problem for future generations.

gudpoynt 2 years, 1 month ago

more glocks in more pants in more places.

America! F Yeah!

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

This old fat Rambo sure had a good time at the range yesterday showin' the boys half my age how it's done.

DillonBarnes 2 years, 1 month ago

I will immediately notify the Attorney Generals office to make sure I'm exempt from being the victim of criminal activity while on campus.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"If I'm ever in a situation where a nut is loose, one thing I don't want around is a CCP rambo nutcase. The only sure thing is more people will die."

Link?

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"Oopsie---I don't have any---although some people may think I do.

But you did make me laugh." Verity

At least you and I can laugh about stuff. A bunch of depressed and angry commenters in here. Agree. Disagree. No reason to act like a pissed off 8 year old.

Scut Farkus 2 years, 1 month ago

If society enabled it's law enforcement agencies to aggressively go after handguns and combat rifles this wouldn't be an issue.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

mousie, you need to get a hat that says "UNARMED PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!"

observant 2 years, 1 month ago

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"I must be missing something here, but if I have to admit it I'd like to know what I'm admitting to. : *)" Verity

I was just busting your balls. I was referring to that whole Fast and Furious thing the feds set up in Arizona.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"One thing that never comes up in these discussions (and I use the word loosely) is that the more guns that are out there, the easier it is for someone to get a gun illegally. "

You gotta admit, that plan pretty much back-fired on Holder and the ATF.

FalseHopeNoChange 2 years, 1 month ago

Enjoy while you can. Hill has handed over your "gun rights" to the UN

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

Working groups of anti-gun countries will begin scripting language for the conference this year, creating a blueprint for other countries when they meet at the full conference.

The party of "Diversity", "Social Fairness" and "contraception" is very, very, affraid of "normal" Americans.

SouthWestKs 2 years, 1 month ago

verity,

You need to go talk to a real cop.. They like it when the civilians are armed, makes there job easier.. Also if you think the guy with the CCP is gona save your butt you better be standing beside him.. Other wise he is gona let you die, remember he is going to save himself & his family.. Also if he wanted to be a cop he would have joined the police force..

chedder 2 years, 1 month ago

If you believe the 2A is outdated and irrelevant, work to change it, not circumvent it. I'm disappointed that this has been amended to allow University exemption. I need some stress relief, I'm going to the range.

hipper_than_hip 2 years, 1 month ago

It's not the licensed gun carrier who scares me, it's those that our legal system has deemed unfit/ineligible to possess a firearm but still carry because they don’t care about the law.

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

First off, a disclaimer: I loath guns as much as some people love them.

One thing that never comes up in these discussions (and I use the word loosely) is that the more guns that are out there, the easier it is for someone to get a gun illegally. Also, from what I understand, they can be sold at gun shows with no background check. Of course, "if we outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns." (I'd like to meet the super intelligence who could come up with that clever bumper sticker.)

Anyway, my point is that there are a lot of guns floating around that are owned or possessed by people who probably shouldn't have them and it's too late to put the genie back in the bottle. Even if restrictive gun laws were passed, the guns wouldn't just disappear.

I've never heard a police officer/sheriff/deputy or heard of one who wanted the public armed. Quite the opposite---it makes their job more dangerous.

Matthew Herbert 2 years, 1 month ago

Seems to me it should be the other way around; you should have to apply for guns TO BE allowed on the premises not have to go out of your way to keep guns out.

eugunieum 2 years, 1 month ago

Ok, I give up. Tired of being called names and all you people who are scared of guns.remember about 30,000 people were killed by cars last year. 10% of Those alcohol related. Have a nice day.

Alexander Smith 2 years, 1 month ago

Economic issue my BUTT. This is a bunch of gun happy nuts for some STRANGE reason think the indians are out to scalp us or we are going to be invaded by England.

The normal citizen is NOT qulified to be a enforcer of the law and safety. They are NOT trained like the police to keep their EGO.. let me repeat EGO and emotions under control.

You all want to see something scarry. Go to a gun show and just watch the people and their EGO. They have mild people go in, and while there all of a sudden they think they are tough and can handle anything.

I PRAY to the LORD that the Senate shoots this down. Protecting the people falls on the Police who are TRAINED.. let me repeat.. TRAINED to handle situations.

If this passes.. I can see it hitting the news now "Person killed in gun fight at KU Football game by drunk student".

People, the sole purpose of the 2nd amendment is not truly held in the spirit for when it was designed anymore. We are NOT expanding the country in the US. THERE is NO threat from the natives or wildlife. We DO NOT hunt to provide our food.. (called a grocery store), WE DO have a solid military and law force. and the big one.. NO COUNTRY would invade the USA with conventional warfare because they could not sustain the troops pluse we have untold million of people with guns. SO, the people that HAVE supported this insane bill need to move their brain 100+ years forward. This is one legal document that HAS NOT kept up with the times because to many AIRHEADS think that all our freedoms ride on the concept of having a gun?

If this bill does pass I will be MORE worried about the gun happy loonie with a concealed gun who thinks they are bad arss because they have cold steel strapped under the arm pit then a robber.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"I swear, half the posters here do not even read the stories" Perses

I'd be surprised if 20% read much past the headline before posting a comment.

JayhawkFan1985 2 years, 1 month ago

Many courthouses around the don't have this type of security in place. Even Wyatt Earp made the cowboys check their guns in when they entered town. Given the shooting in Sanford today, this is just a bad idea. We may live in a western state, but this ain't the wild west needing frontier justice.

Scut Farkus 2 years, 1 month ago

It's not about CCP's , (I swear, half the posters here do not even read the stories) it's about where you can carry. I do not own a handgun, never will, but there is nothing wrong with allowing properly vetted permit holders to carry where there are no other security measures in force. That said, I am concerned about the permit process. But that's for another day.

Kim Murphree 2 years, 1 month ago

Frat boys with beer and guns...yahoo.

Kim Murphree 2 years, 1 month ago

There sure is alot of stupid out there these days.

eugunieum 2 years, 1 month ago

Pardon me, but BS. I have spent time in a range and believe me some people in there cannot hit squat at 10 feet. I was referring to the person above who called us a bunch of fat rambos that couldn't hit anything. Belive me I have been in stressful situations. The CCW course I took was so stressful that my gun barrel was shaking & still all 25 of my shots were lethal in an FBI Q target. I just reacted to being catagorized as a fat rambo that couldn't hit anything. It is all about training, and more training and practice. We are not out to hurt you, but to protect ourselves, and our loved ones. I would gladly lay down my life to save my wife, my kids, and my grandkids among others. Again, what are you afraid of? Be more worried about the meth head that does a home invasion on you (happens in Topeka all the time), than a fat old fart like me.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

The scary revolver photo is back!

Hedge 2 years, 1 month ago

Practice does help Loki. Don't you think baseball players practice hitting? Or better yet, field goal kickers. They practice all the time but only get tested under pressure situations. Point is the more you practice the more you add skill to the equation. Increases the odds.

Loki 2 years, 1 month ago

Anyone can shoot accurately at a range... in a stressful situation is a totally different story, but how you conduct yourself then isn't tested in getting a conceal and carry permit.

eugunieum 2 years, 1 month ago

And so far how many legal concealed carry license holders have been involved in a shooting, since it went into effect in 2007? What are you afraid of? I would be worried about the criminals that can't legally carry. And as the fat rambo crap comment. I am overweight, don't think of myself as a Rambo, and I can shoot 2" groups at 25 yards with a handgun.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

Better move to Illinois, dude. That's the only state with no legal concealed carry.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

Repaste, 4 years. From HB2353: "The other amendments would grant certain institutions, namely postsecondary educational institutions, state or municipal owned medical care facilities, and state or municipal owned adult care homes the ability to ̲e̲x̲e̲m̲p̲t̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲m̲s̲e̲l̲v̲e̲s̲ ̲f̲o̲r̲ ̲f̲o̲u̲r̲ ̲y̲e̲a̲r̲s̲ ̲f̲r̲o̲m̲ ̲t̲h̲i̲s̲ ̲n̲e̲w̲ ̲l̲a̲w̲ ̲r̲e̲g̲a̲r̲d̲i̲n̲g̲ ̲c̲o̲n̲c̲e̲a̲l̲e̲d̲ ̲c̲a̲r̲r̲y̲ ̲i̲n̲ ̲t̲h̲i̲s̲ ̲b̲i̲l̲l̲.̲

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

Just what we need....more friggin fat Rambos' running around who are unable to draw their weapons due to the large spillage of "muffin fat" that hangs over their waist and are unable to shoot well due to having diabetes mellitus (even the blind can get in on this one)

Hooray. I feel safer already. Don't short them a fry otherwise the drive though will become a drive-by.

Bullet the cat, hide!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

Verity, Stores and restaurants are private buildings, it is up to the owner of the building if they want to exclude legal concealed carry from their premises.

repaste 2 years, 1 month ago

" a specific period of years" Does that mean the exemption is temporary? What is the period?

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

So---you have to notify the attorney general (in other words the government) if you want to exempt yourself---and only for hospitals, colleges and nursing homes?

Are stores and restaurants considered public buildings?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

So autie, You only want to allow defacto illegal weapons on those premises?

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

Which I'm sure most will do immediately if this passes through the Senate.