Archive for Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Officials: Attempt at thawing frozen pipes sparked fire that destroyed mobile home on 31st Street

A mobile home caught on fire Tuesday evening at the Gaslight Village mobile home park in the 1900 block of 31st Street in south Lawrence. The fire was extinguished within an hour but witnesses described the building as badly damaged.

February 9, 2011, 12:31 p.m. Updated February 9, 2011, 3:31 p.m.

Gaslight Village structure fire

Emergency crews Tuesday worked to put out a structure fire at the Gaslight Village off 31st Street. One of the residents, who was working to fix a leaking pipe, talks about what he did and what he saw as the fire broke out.

Smoke billows from a fire at the Gaslight Village, 1900 W. 31st St., on Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2011.

Lawrence fire crews battle a structure fire in the Gaslight Village on Tuesday. Six people were displaced from the home.

Lawrence firefighters stage outside a trailer fire at the Gaslight Village Tuesday. Six people were displaced after the fire erupted, totaling the trailer.

Fire investigators Wednesday said a fire that destroyed a Lawrence mobile home Tuesday afternoon was an accident and caused by “improper use of an open flame device” to try to thaw frozen pipes.

The six residents of the home at 1900 W. 31st escaped without injury, according to officials with Lawrence Douglas County Fire and Medical, and the Douglas County chapter of the American Red Cross. Fire broke out about 5 p.m. Tuesday.

Eve Tolefree, a fire and medical division chief, said that the home was considered a total loss and that the fire caused an estimated $21,000 in damages.

Resident Jason Dye said Tuesday evening that he had been working to fix a leaking pipe when the fire started. Dye believed the fire was caused by an electrical spark that eventually ignited insulation inside the home.

One pet at the home was not accounted for Wednesday morning, although other pets survived and were being cared for at the Lawrence Humane Society, said Jane Blocher, Red Cross executive director.

Blocher said the chapter provided hotel rooms, food and clothing for the six residents of the home.

Comments

UNIKU 4 years, 6 months ago

I bet you a donut he was using a flame of some sort to thaw the lines. Then he complained on TV that it took the fire dept too long to get there.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

You owe the children of this family an apology.

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

you dont know what your talking about that was my house we dont even own a propane torch you can ask my daughter who was outside helping me if i was using a flame and i was not. If the fire dept took 30 minutes to get to your life that was burning up in flames im sure you wouldnt be to happy. While your being so smug and smart about your comments i hope you realize that my kids read your message and were really disturbed by it. Way to go guy

bad_dog 4 years, 6 months ago

Well the fire investigator's report does state the fire was caused by “improper use of an open flame device” to try to thaw frozen pipes. Given those findings, it's not unreasonable for a reader to presume something like a lighter (too small), a fire pit (too big) or a propane/butane/oxyacetyline torch (just right) might have been the "open flame device" they indicate was used.

Not sure why that sort of speculation would be so disturbing for your kids, nevertheless, sorry for your loss

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

Oh, you sound really sincere in those last two lines, bad_dog!!

You (and others) owe an apology to the children of this family. Period.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Its upsetting because its a lie and people believe that he did use a torch when i know he didnt. People are making false acussions about my dad. Even though were not related in blood he cares more about me than my real father. He would do anything for me. He would go to war just for US. Were not related by blood but i love him. He is the only father i have and the only father i want. It hurts my feelings when people do this. They make fun of a tragic fire and say mean comments. Do you really want to do that to chiildren. Im 15 and i have younger siblings. Do you know how upsetting that is to us. We lost everything. My little sister birhtday was 5 days ago and now she doesnt have anything. What a great birthday now? We had the best christmas we had EVER!! My dad spent his whole check for 4 months to see that we have an awesome christmas. He cares about us and loves us. My mother loves us too (of course). Everything we have is gone. Nothing is left. All my baby pictures are totally gone. My grandpa who is dead now, his pictures with us is gone. My anime that i have spent FIVE YEARS COLLECTING is gone. I had so many precise things in my house. So many memories, now they are all gone!! I walked out of the house without shoes or coat. I was crying my eyes out in the snow, cold. I spent all day with my counselor crying. This is really upsetting for us and you guys want to make fun of it.

ClaroAtaxia 4 years, 6 months ago

UNIKU, I also thought the exact same thing when I read it. He's just too embarrassed to admit it, but he'll be even more embarrassed when they figure out he lied about it.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

How dare you be so condescending to this man??? His home just burned down and you tell him to "take a valium and relax a bit"??? He is distraught...and so am I at the OUTRAGEOUS reaction of this community toward this family!! There are innocent children involved who have lost everything they own!!!!!! You (and others) have a heart of stone!! How do you live without feelings...without compassion...without love????!!!!

ClaroAtaxia 4 years, 6 months ago

I was unaware that the commenter was the individual involved in the fire as he did not identify himself in the comment as such so I replied accordingly. Even so, my comment was intended to be unemotional. I definitely feel for their loss, but why must he lie about the source of the fire? He should have "manned-up" and been honest about his mistake from the start. It's not the end of the world for them, sh*t happens.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Thats because ur hurting are feelings. We lost everything and you people are making fun of it. It hurts my feelings more than anything. I thought adults were suppose to look after children not make them cry!! T_T

ajsmomma 4 years, 6 months ago

It bothers me that he claims it took the LFD 30 minutes to get to the fire. I could be wrong but I really do think that our fire department/medics have a pretty quick response time. Is it possible that it took them that long to call it in? Or just an exaggeration?

Danielle Brunin 4 years, 6 months ago

You know, speaking from experience, when there is an emergency such as a fire, it feels like the fire fighters and EMTs are literally working in slow motion. It may have felt like it took that long, but may not have. On the other hand, maybe they did take that long but somehow, I doubt it.

Chelsea Kapfer 4 years, 6 months ago

I heard the whole thing on the scanner- they were on the scene in about 5 minutes. The Lawrence EMS/Fire have a really good response time- from what I have observed.

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

the police response time was excellent they where there in a few minutes and all the fire fighters where great and did an excellent job. but at the time i felt that from the time we called 911 to the time they started putting water on the fire was to long everyone around me was yelling wheres the fire dept. So in the interview thats why i exspressed anger

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

thank you for being understanding this was a very tragic incident for me my fiance and my kids. they interviewed me while my house was burning to the ground. When you people are in that position then tell me how you give your interview. Thank you to all the people that have helped us in this major crisis in our lifes. All of our kids lost all there christmas presents not just this year but from the last 16 years. All of our pictures and everything we owned and worked so hard for was lost. I could care less about myself but they lost everything. We have no keepsakes no possesions and now home. I will make sure these kids have what they need no matter what. If any of you would like to help out we need all the help we cant get. Please contact lauri at the gaslight village for any donations or help you would like to give. The phone number is 785-842-2828. Thank you god bless you and god bless our wonderfull country that has looked out for my family in our time of need

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

They actually did take really long to get there. Who would care if one trailor burned down. Its just my home anyone. We are just gaslight people. Im just a 15 years old teenager who lost everything.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

It doesn't matter any longer...they lost their home. The children lost everything they own. And this community has some of the most cold-hearted people I've ever read about. Just go through and read the comments. It will make you gag. Literally.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

I see some of the comments were so hateful they had to be deleted. How very, very sad...

timetospeakup 4 years, 6 months ago

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

KRichards.....WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANSWER, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

you know my children that lived in the house with me and my fiance are reading your comments so show some respect

Dear family...

I apologize for the horrible comments made by some of the people on this site. They happen to have hearts of stone. Please notice the good comments coming from people who really do care and who will be helping you all during this time of heartache. I will be praying for you all and will do what I can to help out as I know many others will, also!! We're not all uncaring, heartless people...please believe that.

jackpot 4 years, 6 months ago

When waiting for help 6 minutes is like 6 hours.

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

the police responded that fast it was a big diffrence from when they showed up to when the fire dept did

Scott Kaiser 4 years, 6 months ago

I believe most plumbing pipe used on mobile homes are made of a type of plastic. A grey, pvc type. It would take someone pretty stupid to use a propane torch to try to thaw those type of pipes...

sr80 4 years, 6 months ago

where do you get cooper pipes, from the plummer ?

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

sr80....I am so disappointed in you...not that it matters, I know. But I just wanted to tell you...

sr80 4 years, 6 months ago

well thanks for letting me know what i did wrong.now all i have to do is figure out everything i did wrong today!!!! i know it was a lame thing to say,but it happened.sorry if i offended you or wichita!!! also why didn't you reply to my questions from yesterday???

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

You're certainly not asking me in a very nice way...what questions? I have no way of knowing where you'll be on this site...there are lots of topics...lots of threads...it's impossible to know where any certain person is going to be. Even if you answered me on this thread, I'll probably be gone to another...and perhaps not return to this one, you know? Thank you for apologizing!!

sr80 4 years, 6 months ago

i thought your avatar could track me down and i only apologize once!! take or leave it!!!! enjoy your day!!! florida!

Stuart Evans 4 years, 6 months ago

it's a rough go when the home and 6 peoples possessions only amount to $21,000...

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

know one ever even asked what possesions where in the house the are saying the trailer was worth the twenty thousand

evilpenguin 4 years, 6 months ago

I'd be interested to see how much they get out of their insurance company. If anything....

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

there giving us nothing it was an entire loss

Mike Wagner 4 years, 6 months ago

Dixie Jones 4 years, 6 months ago

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

where the pipes froze up it busted the pipe which in turn leaked onto the the electrical that was under the broken pipe and being 5 degrees below zero the wiring froze and craked water got into the broke wiring which equals FIRE

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

i never blamed the fire dept. I am very thankfull that they saved my car was extremley stressed and upset i was looking at my kids crying there eyes out of course i wanted them to get there faster who wouldnt

deec 4 years, 6 months ago

Older mobile homes are completely engulfed in about 3 minutes. But when your house is the one that is burnig, it does feel like forever until help arrives. My dad used to routinely use a blowtorch to thaw the pipes when they froze. I don't think older mobile homes used plastic pipes.

bad_dog 4 years, 6 months ago

I worked in a couple of trailer factories back in the '70's and both used flexible plastic piping for plumbing.

deec 4 years, 6 months ago

I guess the trailers I grew up in must have been older than that.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Okay lastly it was not a torch. >:( Apology to my dad right NOW!!!

pace 4 years, 6 months ago

I am sorry these people lost their home and their belongings.

Wendy magillicutty 4 years, 6 months ago

Thanks for my dose of trolls tonight, people! I hope you're warm tonight with your family and unfrozen pipes, unlike this person. No matter the reason. Enjoy!

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Do you know how hard it is to lose your home. Im 15 years old and i just lost everything that is important to me. I cried my eyes out in the snow and people were letting me hold on to them. Do you know how hard this is for me? NOW DO YOU? Stop making jokes and have some freakn compasion. My home, my belongings, my pictures, EVERYTHING is gone!!

My dear young lady...

I am SO very sorry for your loss...and your whole family's loss...

I apologize for all the hard-hearted remarks you have read on this site...the people who write mean things will have to pay in some way one of these days...it's hard to believe people can be so mean, isn't it?

I don't know you, but I send love and prayers straight to your heart from mine. I will do everything I can to help you and your family...I took the phone number down you had in one of your other posts.

I pray God will give you and your family the strength you need to get through this very hard time. You sound like a girl with a tender heart. Don't let the negative remarks change that, please. Read the good comments...write them down if you have to...so that you'll have them to read when you're feeling "down", ok? I'm hoping the community will offer psychologists and/or pastors for you and your family to talk to...I'll look into that, also. We all need someone to "vent" our feelings to in times of awful happenings...and this was awful for all of you. I'll be praying for you and your family...I know a lot of good people in the community will be, also. I'm sending lots of love your way!! And I'll find out what I can about a professional counselor for you and your family to talk to talk to, ok?

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Thank you soo very much. It is really hard and because you are so nice and there are people who put nice comments down i believe i can get threw this. You are one of the nicest people i meet and i believe that your future is going to be bright. ^_^ I really appreciate it, you made me smile!!! I really hope if i ever see you i can give you a big hug and tell you thank you.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

How in the world could you post that after reading what a 15-year-old has gone through?? Not to mention the little ones...

I used to enjoy the discussion forum until I've read the posts regarding this...to lose everything you own in a fire (especially precious pictures which cannot be replaced) is one of the most awful happenings I can imagine.
I have lost respect for you who have judged and put this family down...your hearts are surely made of stone!!

Blue_Falcon 4 years, 6 months ago

Sorry for your loss, as well.

The advertisements attached to this story pour salt on the family’s wounds. The video started with the Paul Davis Restoration advertisement showing burst pipes. The webpage also displayed an advertisement for Quality Electric.

The only thing that could make this worse would be to include a pop-up advertisement for mobile home insurance guaranteeing that someone could secure a huge fire insurance settlement by simply stating, “The electrical was frozen.”

Maybe someone could look into turning off certain advertisements for this story. Thanks!

Alfred_W 4 years, 6 months ago

That's the problem with 'context-aware' ads. In theory it's great for the advertisers to have their ads associated with stories containing keywords related to their business (such as having a salon's ad run next to an article about haristyles). But as Blue_Falcon points out, there are unfortunate (and unintended) consequences. Worst case of this that I have seen was a story in the KC Star about a young woman found dead in an abandoned Jeep...which was accompanied by an ad for a local Jeep dealership!

I'd like to think that people clever enough to engage in content aware advertising would be clever enough to 'opt-out' certain articles from this practice. Can't be that difficult...

wmathews 4 years, 6 months ago

Hi Blue_Falcon, For local ads like the ones you mentioned, we do not have a content-aware ad network. Those ads are on a rotation schedule (as you can see now, they've rotated out). The only way we could get them to stop rotating through the story is to remove them completely from the site.

Whitney Mathews Assistant Community Editor for Online

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Thank you very much. ^_^ Im glad people are trying to help us. Im only 15 and i lost everything i loved. I dont even know were my cat is right now and he is my baby. Its hard watching your whole life burning away. Im homeless and very scared of what will happen to me and my family!!

countrygal07 4 years, 6 months ago

No matter what the situation is the point is someone lost their home and all their belongings for the entire family. I feel for this family. Why doesnt the community chip in and help? Go thru your closets and see if any clothes you dont wear anymore might fit someone in this family? Every little bit will help this family. However stopping the negative comments would help this family the most. Sounds to me some of you have way to much time on your hands.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

^_^ Thank you so much. These comments are making me cry. Im only 15 and lost everything and people want to laugh about it. Your a very nice person and god bless you.

lawrencedad 4 years, 6 months ago

Wow! sounds like the Lawrence Fire Department is set for fire investigators, with all the fire experts that have commented here. I hope this family realizes that the idiots that have posted here are not a true reflection of this city. I will call today to see what my family can do to help yours. Truly sorry for your loss and best of luck to you.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Thank you ^_^ so much. My sisters and brother would really appreciate all the help they can get. Are christmas is gone and my little sister had a birthday 5 days ago. She lost everything and we all lost everything. We really do need all the help we can get T_T because everything i love is gone

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Are chinchilla died. My little sister got Chilly for her birhtday four years ago. She just had a birthday five days ago too. They found his body though because it didnt burn just he died in smoke. We are planning to bury him at the nature center were we first got him. My little sister is really really upset.

KUgirl77 4 years, 6 months ago

I am truly sorry for your loss. I also lost my home to a fire at the age of 13, it is a devastating experience. Please know that people are not as mean as it may seem on here. Honestly,if I were you I would not read anymore of these comments, it will only upset you more. People do care and I will check back later to see what can be done to help you and your family. My prayers are with you.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Words cannot express how grateful i am ^_^

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

And why are you using such ridiculous "talk" during such a nightmare as this????!!!!!!

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

(That was to autie...) Wow, I detest these threads...

countrygal07 4 years, 6 months ago

Im no relative of theirs. I dont even know their names however autie have you called to see if you can help? I have already called the number to offer some clothing

madameX 4 years, 6 months ago

What number? I've got some stuff they could probably use too...

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

The only number I have right now is for Lauri (must be the manager of the mobile home park): 785-842-2828 (Gaslight Village).

FiremanChris 4 years, 6 months ago

Gaslight is at the very edge of city limits and it still only took the fire department five minutes to arrive. Most places in town have a 2-4 minute response time, and when you take into account that firefighters take a little less than a minute to put all of their protective gear on and get out of the firehouse, that response time is very fast. LDCFM is actually very well respected for their fast response times. If it really took 30 minutes to get there, the trailer would be burnt to its rails; it doesn't take long for fire to multiply in a confined space like that, full of synthetic fuels.

Between Gaslight, the student housing, and the box stores, Lawrence Police are usually busy in that area and do a very good job of getting to emergency call quickly. LPD are always out patrolling and usually get to a priority call faster since the closest unit is in the neighborhood.

Albeit unintentional, this guy knew he started the fire and tried to save-face on the news. That's all fine and dandy, but don't blame the fire department for something you started.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

You shut your mouth!! My dad didnt start the fire and all your saying is hurting my family feelings. >:( You have no right to be saying that. My dad risked his life to try and put it out. HE COULD HAVE DIED YOU KNOW!! My little sister is crying now thanks to you. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY!! I really hope your happy. You just made a little 12 year old girl cry!!! What im saying is the truth. HE DID NOT START THE FIRE!!! I WAS THERE, I WOULD HAVE TOLD THEM IF HE DID BUT HE DID START THE FIRE!!!

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

"i would told them if he did but he didnt start the fire" sorry typo

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

:( He did not use one. SHUT YOUR BIG FAT JERK MOUTH!! WERE YOU THERE WHEN THAT HAPPEN? DO YOU KNOW? IF YOU DONT KNOW THE FACTS THEN DONT TRY TO MESS WITH MY DAD!!

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

UNIKU...It's good to see your apology. I was about to terminate ever reading LJW or posting again because of the awful things your wrote...and those of KRichards.

Also owing apologies to this family are: Judgesmail, ClaraAtaxia. Roe Dapple, ajsmomma, DaddyTopCat, sr80, and handyman. I probably missed some. I've never been so shocked at a community's arrogance and hard hearts as with this event.

The wonderful people who impressed me with their compassion have been: jackpot, deec, pace, cloggedjhawk, Blue-Falcon, Alfred-W, madame X, and especially countrygal07, lawrencedad, and KUgirl77. By the time I get this posted, I hope a lot of you mentioned in my first paragraph will have apologized just as UNIKU did. That takes a lot of courage...

Even if the woman's fiance was trying to thaw the pipes in the wrong way...it doesn't matter. Perhaps he was doing the best he knew how to do. Who made you all judge and jury (the names in my first paragraph)?? Anytime there are children involved, you don't want to get me all riled up...I'll do anything possible to protect the feelings and lives of children. My heart goes out to the 15-year-old who kept writing posts to plead with these hateful people. I will do every and any thing I can to help with this situation!!

P.S. I'd rather take my chances that the man in question was trying his best and find out later that he wasn't...than to automatically think from the first moment that he was up to no good!!!!!!!!! It must be very hard on your blood pressure and your health in general to be so full of animosity toward fellow human beings. It must be a living hell to be so hard-hearted.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

UNIKU...I just have to tell you how I admire you for apologizing. It takes a lot of courage to admit to being an ass. I think you'll sleep a lot better tonight than you would have otherwise. I know I'll sleep a lot better knowing you apologized! Reading your apology again makes me weep...it is so very heartfelt...just amazing. I don't know what transpired to make you do such an about-face, but I'm so glad you did. I'll bet you're glad, too. Good for you! Blessings!

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Now you made me cry happy tears. ^_^ Im the 15-year-old and i have this to say. We forgive you and thank you very much. you made my day and i will never forget how nice this is. Having the guts to apology is a hard thing and nobody else has done this so far. THANK YOU

HW 4 years, 6 months ago

UNIKU - By far one of the best posts I have ever read on this website.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

He has made a 15 year old girl who lost everything and is too scared to go to school smile. ^_^ He should be very very proud of himself.

gert891 4 years, 6 months ago

i cant believe the cold hearted people on this post. Regardless of the cause- A family lost their home. It is winter. A better use of your time would be donating to the red cross or any volunteer organization. Some of you should be ashamed of your behavior, disgusting.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

Isn't it the truth?? I am shocked. A lot of these are people I enjoy posting with all the time on the discussion forum. This has left me heart-broken. I am so disappointed in the ones who have been so cruel. (There are children involved who lost everything they own...) How can people who claim to be (or seem to be) up-standing citizens of a community be cruel to children? I will never understand this.

Thank you for sticking out for us. ^_^ Thank you

cantthinkofausername 4 years, 6 months ago

I was absolutely shocked to hear this news. One of the victims is a good friend of mine. Honestly I can't imagine how she feels. My thoughts are with her household as I hope things will work out to the best of its ability.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Im sorry if we were a little over exaggerated and i believe your father was a great firefighter but i still believe they could have down more. But my father did not lie and please believe me. I know its hard to believe a 15 year old but i swear on my life (thats all i have left now) he wasnt lying. I am truly sorry about your father.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

The time was the time. Firefighters didnt get there fast enough and that's just it. It doesnt mean that i hate firefighters or my dad does. We really appreciate what they did for us. I am thankful but at the same time upset. ^_^ You would be too and im sure of it.....but the time was the time and nothing can change that.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 6 months ago

KRichards...are you addressing me?? I have disparaged no one who was trying to help this family!! I truly cannot deal with you. You can scroll back through the comments and see exactly which person said what...including yourself...and heaven only knows who wrote the comments that were deleted...they must have been doozies!

(I'm truly sorry you lost your father...I have great respect for firefighters.)

KUgirl77 4 years, 6 months ago

Does anyone know of a way to help the family directly, as in donations and such? I haven't been able to find any information on how to do this. Thank you.

countrygal07 4 years, 6 months ago

The number thats listed to help this family is 785-842-2828. The message from the 15 yr old family member really hits the heart. Honey just know some of us do have a heart and are willing to help in anyway we possibly can.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

Im crying right now but thank you so much. It really helps and your a very kind person. ^_^ I didnt know kind people were in this world cus i have never had good people around me, always jerks!! Your making me crying happy tears. Even though i lost everything i have gain something back. The feeling of being looked out for, having people i dont know help me. I know now that there are kind people in this world and that if this ever (i pray to god not) happens again people will always help me. Because of this i have started to grow up and because of these nice comments i believe that my actions now will effect my future as a women. Thank you and this will help me grow up to be a kind, loving women. If this ever happened to someone else i would help them in the heartbeat. I have always helped people and now people are helping me back.

kumoriuzumaki 4 years, 6 months ago

This is to the kind people all on here trying to help my family out. I really really apprecciate it. You have made children very very happy. Because of this i believe i will grow into a strong women and i really hope that everything will go good in life. Im not one for being religous but god bless you and your family (which is very rare for me to say) Words cannot express how grateful i am. ^^ Because of you i can get threw the day nowing that adults (who i never have met) are looking out for me. Im only 15 so this might sound corny but if I ever see any of you one day ill be sure to give you a great big hug ^^

wichitagtf66 4 years, 6 months ago

Once again I would like to thank everyone who has helped us in our time of need from the LFD,LPD, the red cross, LHS, broken arrow elementary, the glover harris family, astate managment company, ballard center, social services, mark at ljwworld, channel six news, everyone at gaslight village (we love u lauri), Susan at hprp, lawrence social services and anyone I am forgetting that has already helped us. We are so foutante and blessed to have people looking out for my family and standing up for us. If anyone we like to donate. Please contact the douglass county bank at 300 w 9th st. 865-1000 the name of the donation account is the cordray/Travelbee benifit account. Thank u all so much god bless our great country and god bless each and everyone of us.

commenter 4 years, 6 months ago