• Expect single lane closures or entire street closures on East 19th Street from Massachusetts to Almira Avenue. Street maintenance last until the end of November. Traffic will be allowed on the street to access driveways.
• City crews are street patching on East 15th Street from Brook Street to Prospect Avenue. The 1300 and 1400 blocks of East 15th Street will be closed during working hours. The eastbound lane on East 15th Street will be closed overnight for several more days. Then, the westbound lane will be closed for 10 days. A detour can be taken along East 13th Street and Oak Hill Avenue.
• Crews are laying brick in the 1100 block of New York Street and at the intersection of New York and 12th streets. The project should be completed by early November.
• No left turns will be allowed onto Indiana Street from east or westbound Sixth Street. In the 500 block of Indiana Street, the southbound lane will be closed to through traffic. In the 600 block, the northbound lane will be closed to through traffic. Local access to Indiana Street will be on Fifth and Seventh streets. City crews are replacing a water line.
U.S. Highway 56
• A 12-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 56 from U.S. Highway 59 to the Johnson County line is being resurfaced. Alternating lane closures will occur for traffic heading in both directions. Flaggers and pilot cars will guide traffic through the work zone. Crews will work west to east Monday through Friday during daylight hours. The project is expected to be completed soon.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. The road will be tied to the new frontage road that runs parallel to the new U.S. Highway 59. Work is scheduled to be completed in late 2012.
• North 650 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 and to the west for work on a frontage road, interchange ramps and new bridge to carry North 650 Road over U.S. Highway 59.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek Bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signals expected to be in service until late fall.
• Access from Kansas Highway 7 to I-70 remains closed. Traffic also can’t access K-7 from the eastbound lane of I-70. On Thursday, a oversized semi-trailer carrying an excavator damaged the ramp bridge. The bridge ramp can not reopen to traffic until the damaged beams are repaired. The ramp bridge is expected to remain closed for an extended period of time. Drivers should expect delays and use an alternate route.
• Drivers on the Kansas Turnpike just east of Lawrence are limited to one lane in each direction as crews rebuild turnpike lanes from just east of the interchange to a point just west of the Lawrence service area. The limits are expected to remain until just before Thanksgiving; the service area is scheduled to remain open throughout construction.
• On Friday, the southbound right lane from 95th Street to 103rd Street will be closed for the installation of a KC Scout sign. The project should go from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and should be completed that day.
• A repair and resurfacing project is under way for the westbound and northbound side of I-435, from 87th Street to Antioch Road in Johnson County. Work is set for Monday through Friday between 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and around the clock on the weekend from 7:30 p.m. Friday to 5:30 a.m. Monday. Drivers should expect delays and find an alternate route if possible. The project is expected to be completed in mid-November.