Obama issues statement deploring Tiller’s murder
Washington ? President Barack Obama says he is shocked and outraged over the killing of an abortion provider at a Kansas church.
Dr. George Tiller was shot and killed Sunday morning while he was serving as an usher at a church in Wichita, Kan. The White House released a statement from the president Sunday evening.
Obama says violence is not the answer to resolve differing opinions on abortion and said the shooting is a murder. Tiller was one of the nation’s few providers of late-term abortions. He was the object of decades of protests and attacks.
- 51-year-old man arrested in murder of George Tiller outside his church
- Vigils held in Lawrence, Wichita for Tiller
- ‘Person of interest’ in Tiller murder has had brush with the law before
- Obama issues statement deploring Tiller’s murder
- Anti-abortion groups fear Tiller’s murder could influence Supreme Court justice’s confirmation
- A timeline of other recent abortion-related violence