Tonganoxie The vendors are coming, the vendors are coming.
This Saturday will be the 24th annual Tonganoxie Days, which will feature several activities throughout the Leavenworth County community.
But at the heart of the festival are vendors selling crafts, food and more in downtown Tonganoxie.
Connie Torneden, chairperson for the annual festival, said about 105 vendors will set up shop. Handmade items and various foods, such as kettle corn, will be for sale.
“There's a balloon art person this year,” Torneden said. “That's something a little different. It's just a pretty good variety I'd say.”
Vendors will sell from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Musicians will perform during that time, too.
Here are other highlights:
• 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., Friends of the Library 10K/5K Run and Fun Walk. Begins at Tonganoxie Public Library, Third and Bury streets.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., car, truck and tractor show, VFW Park, 910 E. First St.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., quilt show and other activities, Tonganoxie Community Historic Site, 201 W. Washington St.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Kansas Miniature Horse Club Fun Show, Leavenworth County Fairgrounds, 405 W. Fourth St.
• Noon, picnic and silent auction, Tonganoxie High School's Chieftain Remembrance Walk, 404 E. U.S. Highway 24-40, 910 E. First St. Proceeds will benefit Team Tongie, which was established earlier this year to raise funds to help people with expenses arising from medical emergencies.
• Noon, Flag Day rifle salute, VFW Park.
• Noon, judging begins for Leavenworth County State Championship Barbecue Cook-off, fairgrounds.
• 7 p.m., Bingo Night, Sacred Heart Parish Center. Food served starting at 5:45 p.m.
• 9 p.m. Fireworks, Chieftain Park.
For more information, visit tonganoxiedays.com.