Archive for Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kansas man charged with threatening Bush

April 5, 2009

— A 38-year-old south-central Kansas man has been charged in connection with making a threat against former President George W. Bush.

Eric W. Bradley, of Newton, has been charged with one count of making a threat against a former president. According to the indictment, Newton threatened on March 20 to injure and kill Bush.

He has been accused of telling U.S. Secret Service agents in Pawnee County that he would “strangle the life out” of Bush.

Comments

Practicality 6 years, 4 months ago

Jesus,

Some of you better hope the Secret Service doesn't read these posts.

Practicality 6 years, 4 months ago

lol,

yeah, I guess it was the entire town of Newton by reading the article again.

Crackerjack proof reading.

Sharon Aikins 6 years, 4 months ago

Dangerous town that, Newton. I think they got the story wrong though. Drove through there one time and all the bushes were dead.

In all seriousness, when one makes a threat, one can expect that someone else might take it seriously. Best to not sprout off like that.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 4 months ago

If he told that to Pawnee County ss, he may have been in Larned State Hospital at the time.

Newton (yes the whole town) is Harvey County and actually, Red, a nice little town.

MD, I was born in Larned!! :)

HermioneElliott 6 years, 4 months ago

redmoonrising"Best to not sprout off like that." True, in these times we all need to keep focused. :-) Bush is so far out of the picture, who cares? His time is over. My guess is that he e-mailed someone about what he was going to do and that is how the Secret Service got involved. According to urban mythology there is a super computer that reads every e-mail, tweet, face-book, etc. I would think that would take a couple of super computers. Certain words and phrases are red flagged and followed up on. I don't know if it is true or not.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 4 months ago

MS we just exited the Flint Hills and are almost in Emporia.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 4 months ago

I mean MD. Darn iPhone...I am waving to the west as we "speak."

JayCat_67 6 years, 4 months ago

Suspect was last seen preparing for his assault at local "Famous Footwear".

purplesage 6 years, 4 months ago

Practicality, you stole my first thought! A large percentage of LJW comments are close to this threat when it comes to Pres. Bush. There has to be a little more to this story. I'm certain they weren't just sitting in the local cafe when they heard this character make the threat.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 4 months ago

Actually, gang, I am serious about the Larned State Hospital link. That is in Pawnee County and they may have had him there for questioning. Heck, even some of our LJW posters know that would be wrong...

bearded_gnome 6 years, 4 months ago

I guess we wont be hearing from bozo for awhile.

LOL!

yeah, Ocean brings out the "torture" issue, when people like him/her/it call torture putting a gitmo guest into a room and playing the Red Hot Chilipeppers up really loud! geez. GeorgeT, appointed head of CIA by clinton, says that advanced interrogation of three or four characters including KSM did crack plots and save lives.

but saving lives doesn't matter to Ocean.

pawnee county Secret Service Agents were hanging out.
hey, can we get some of them agents to visit Lil Ol' Lawrence? I'd chip in for the train tickets!

RedwoodCoast 6 years, 4 months ago

Seems to me that if we treat prisoners (or "enemy combatants") harshly, then why should other countries who capture US citizens not treat them harshly? I guess a good case-in-point would be the current situation with those to women in North Korea. From what I understand, the North Koreans are playing the GITMO card in justifying their actions with these two women. Stupid Geneva Conventions, right? But I guess most of the world is incorrect in criticizing our indefinite detention of folks in a legal black hole. Yeah, it may have saved some lives, but I think people are ignoring the possible consequences beyond using such tactics to save lives. Chili Peppers are fine, but I'm sure that is the least of what has been tried on detainees at GITMO. I would not doubt it if much of the world looks at us as hypocrites regarding that issue.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 4 months ago

Hey ocean, damn terrorist should be so lucky to end up in US custody. What we call torture they call fun or training.

Anyway, maybe he was using a dysphemism. Example: I'm goin' to slap you silly. No one ever gets slapped and everyone knows what the speaker means.

The SS should find something useful to do like hunting down terrorist living within our borders. And.....interrogate them!

rhd99 6 years, 4 months ago

What a dim twit!!! LOL Hey, Bush haters, Stuff it!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!

repaste 6 years, 4 months ago

Been proven & admitted to for some - all e-mails, IM, etc have been screened for some time now. Takes a few levals before a human sees it, but it happening.

Alexander Neighbors 6 years, 4 months ago

Practicality (Anonymous) says…

Jesus,

Some of you better hope the Secret Service doesn't read these posts.

are you kidding that's all they got !! just look at the yellow house store case. ("The largest fending operation in kansas"), Sgt. dan ward LPD, 2006 channel 6 news cast;

each time I come one here and say something against the charges they arrest my parents then claim my parents are telling me to say stuff...... Then when the community complains they claim my parents told the community to complain........

needless to say they are released days later, there still has been no trial, 4 years and 5 months later...........

Flap Doodle 6 years, 4 months ago

Now, now, there is no longer any such thing as terrorist. It's merely human caused disasters. Isn't that much nicer?

Mike Blur 6 years, 4 months ago

Quote: purplesage (Anonymous) says…

Purplesage, I challenge the veracity of this statement. Find one comment by anyone on this ljworld comment forum (at anytime) and I'll believe you. (When you find it, hit "permalink" and post that link on this forum.)

You say a "large percentage" of LJW comments are "close to this threat" when it comes to Bush. I bet you can't even find one.

rhd99 6 years, 4 months ago

Moronic Bush Haters. What a bunch of idiots, I can hardly control myself!
LOL (so hard I am busting a gut). Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Mike Blur 6 years, 4 months ago

Tommy, you got more time than I do, seeing as how you're unemployed by choice and I'm a taxpaying employee/entrepreneur. I don't know, or really care who "drewdun" is, and in any case, my challenge was posted to purplesage, who hasn't been heard from yet.

jaywalker 6 years, 4 months ago

RedwoodCoast (Anonymous) says…

"Seems to me that if we treat prisoners (or “enemy combatants”) harshly, then why should other countries who capture US citizens not treat them harshly?"

You have got to be kidding. Check the facts there, Red, military personnel and civilians were getting beaten to a pulp and their heads chopped off for grainy propoganda video in Iraq well before Gitmo was established. The chicken came first here, not the egg. And I'm not sayin' I'm a proponent of torture, but in a compare and contrast vacuum the terrorist/insurgent/combatants win hands down when it comes to torture. Give me a break.

Jersey_Girl 6 years, 4 months ago

Seriously, what were the Secret Service doing in Pawnee County?