Archive for Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Deadline approaches for acreage reports

May 27, 2008


Acreage reports for small grains are due to the Farm Service Agency by June 2.

Producers planning to take advantage of the Farm Service Agency generally are required to file such reports, said Bill Fuller, the agency's state executive director.

Other guidance from Fuller:

¢ Certify small grains for grazing or haying no later than 15 days prior to grazing or haying.

¢ Aug. 1 is the final date to certify spring-seeded crops and the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP).

¢ Acreages for the Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program, also known as NAP, must be certified by Aug. 1, or 15 days prior to the onset of harvest or grazing.

¢ June 2 also is the final date to request a 2007-crop commodity loan or loan deficiency payment for feed grains, minor oilseeds, soybeans and cotton.

The agency accepts applications anytime for Farm Storage Facility Loans, Continuous CRP, Rural Youth Loans, and Direct or Guaranteed Operating or Farm Ownership Loans, including loans for beginning farmers and socially disadvantaged applicants.

Farmers and ranchers in disaster counties are reminded that they have eight months from the date of a disaster declaration to apply for emergency loans to help cover production and physical losses.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.