Archive for Thursday, June 26, 2008

2 men arrested for suspected cockfighting

June 26, 2008

Authorities arrested two men Wednesday in an alleged cockfighting operation in rural western Johnson County.

Johnson County Sheriff's deputies confiscated more than 170 fighting roosters and large sums of cash while executing a search warrant at 38750 W. 151st St. The men have not been charged.

The sheriff's office said Lawrence Humane Society was among the agencies assisting the investigation.

Comments

igby 7 years, 1 month ago

Yep! The hen loving liberal chicken lovers of Lawrence will be all over this one. All the hen's in Lawrence and all the cocks are in Johnson County, now on death row. What do you do with 170 cocks?Have a BBQ!

Erin Parmelee 7 years, 1 month ago

Suspected cockfighting?? What's in question?....the fight, or the cocks?

Confrontation 7 years, 1 month ago

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Cockfight Club.

jonas 7 years, 1 month ago

Man, those gays just can't help flaunting their sexuality and their agenda in front of us can they!?!?! Oh, wait. . . . . .

Confrontation 7 years, 1 month ago

I don't know what all the clucking is about. Everyone gets too flocking excited about this stuff.

craigers 7 years, 1 month ago

I didn't know if Sherron Collins was involved with this too!! I know that's bad but he allegedly injured somebody in an earlier complication!

sammiesays 7 years, 1 month ago

Just the title to this story is all wrong........

jehovah_bob 7 years, 1 month ago

Rule number one: You do not talk about Cockfight Club.

coolmarv 7 years, 1 month ago

"suspected and alleged". Yeah .... it was probably just their fingers held in such a way to make it look real.

geniusmannumber1 7 years, 1 month ago

Wow...the comments on this thread are not at all what I expected them to be. Like, people are being funny. I like pleasant surprises.

John Spencer 7 years, 1 month ago

I don't think my comments were fowl.Or were they?

John Spencer 7 years, 1 month ago

akt2 7 years, 1 month ago

Why can't you have chickens in town, but pigeons are okay? I see a house on E 15th across from the cemetary that has a bunch of pigeons. I don't know if they are pets or what they are for. They are always all over the yard and perched on the house. Kind of strange looking.

John Spencer 7 years, 1 month ago

John Spencer 7 years, 1 month ago

acg 7 years, 1 month ago

jfcm77 7 years, 1 month ago

Erin Parmelee 7 years, 1 month ago

consumer1 (Anonymous) says: So what was wrong with all the comments??? The LJW started it all can we delete their headline??? which words were offensive? cock or fighting?-----------------------------------------------------------------Uh, I'll go out on a limb here and say "cock."

webmocker 7 years, 1 month ago

I got caught fighting the caulk in the tub last night. Not a pretty sight.

George_Braziller 7 years, 1 month ago

Do you Beavis and Butthead idiots even know what cock fighting is? Obviously not. It's brutal, it's bloody, and it's violent. Do any of you mouth breathers have kids? Would you want to send two of them into a ring and bet on which one could kill the other first?

coolmarv 7 years, 1 month ago

konzahawk 7 years, 1 month ago

According to the KC Star, these respected individuals were illegal immigrants. Why is this not mentioned in the story?

Crossfire 7 years, 1 month ago

K-K-Kllline is throwing over 300 charges at these two.Another example of Philll-Overkillll.He needs t calm down.Fire, Hell and Brimstone raining down on the heads of these sinners.Revved up Revvrend k-line.

George_Braziller 7 years ago

You missed the intended point. Cock fighting doesn't make any more sense than throwing your kids into a ring to do the exact same thing.They are both horribly stupid._______coolmarv (Anonymous) says: 'me no want to hurt chicken, me like chicken"Somebody hurt Geroge's feelings. Beavis and Buttheads, mouth breathers, ???? Please!Although I think any animals fighting for sport is wrong (except for those goats I saw on Anthony Bordeau?? raming each other) I don' think comparing cocks to my kids is much of a comparison.