Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Emergency crews respond to house fire in Leavenworth County

A devastating fire sparked inside a Leavenworth County home on Wednesday evening. Township firefighters were called to a residence located near the intersection of 234th street and Cantrell just after 6 pm. Four of the five people living in the residence were home at the time of the fire and all were able to escape safely.

June 18, 2008, 7:08 p.m. Updated June 18, 2008, 10:19 p.m.

Advertisement

Crews from five Leavenworth County township fire departments are on the scene of a house fire in southern Leavenworth County.

Leavenworth County emergency dispatch said the fire started around 6:20 p.m. Wednesday at the home at 14261 234th St.

According to a dispatcher, the homeowner got out of the house safely and no injuries were reported.

The homeowner, David Blansit, said four of the five people who live in the home were there when the fire broke out and all made it out safely.

"I have no idea how it started. I just smelled the smoke," Blansit said.

He said he then ran out of the house and moved his vehicles out of his garage and his propane-fired barbecue grill away from his home.

Comments

babyj10 6 years, 4 months ago

LJWorld needs to take it easy with their "breaking" news. In other news: Wind blows, leaf falls from tree...in Tonganoxie. Stay tuned...we'll have a video up in minutes.

0

Commenting has been disabled for this item.