Archive for Saturday, June 16, 2007

On the record

June 16, 2007

Law enforcement report

¢ Lawrence Police are investigating damage estimated at $1,300 at Hertz Rental, 1214 E. 23rd St. Vandals used spray paint to damage property owned by the business and a La Crosse trucking company June 9.

¢ A fallen tree caused $2,000 in damage to a 30-year-old Lawrence man's truck June 4 as he was driving south in the 200 block of North Ninth Street.

¢ A 53-year-old woman from Mayetta was driving a 2007 Ford Fusion on Kasold Drive near West 22nd Street when she attempted to change lanes and struck a Chevy Cavalier from behind. Damage to the Cavalier was estimated at more than $1,000.

¢ A 28-year-old Lawrence man reported criminal damage to the rear windshield of his 2002 Mazda at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of East 23rd Street. The damage was estimated at $1,500.

¢ A 46-year-old man from Broomfield, Colo., reported the theft of a white 1991 Honda Accord, valued at $5,000, at 4 p.m. Monday. The theft occurred in the 1000 block of Connecticut Street.

Burglaries and thefts reported

¢ Police are investigating the reported theft of $1,011.08 from Radio Shack, 601 Kasold Drive, that allegedly occurred between March 2 and June 6. The business' corporate office auditors reported 18 refunds without the proper receipts. Police have interviewed a 29-year-old Topeka man in connection with the case.

Injury accidents

¢ Kayla L. Oelschlaeger has been released from Overland Regional Medical Center following an accident that occurred Thursday evening near Eudora. The 17-year-old Tonganoxie girl and two other girls were transported to area hospitals following a wreck around 7:15 p.m. in the westbound lanes of Kansas Highway 10, about two miles east of Eudora.

Grace Oelschlaeger, 3, and Sarah Oelschlaeger, 8, were transported to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. The two girls were listed in fair condition Friday.

The right rear tire of Oelschlaeger's 1984 Ford truck lost its tread, causing the vehicle to go onto the inside shoulder. The vehicle rolled several times, coming to rest on its top.

Emergency calls

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:

¢ Motor vehicle accident, 7:18 p.m. Thursday, Kansas Highway 10, 13.5 mile marker, westbound, 2.3 miles east of Eudora.

¢ Downed power line, 9:16 p.m. Thursday, Prospect Avenue and East 12th Street.

Comments

Sigmund 7 years, 11 months ago

RB, very, very funny and all too scary. I hate RS's practice of insisting on name, rank, serial number for cash transactions. I can't remember all the bogus information I have given them and I am certain that RS mailed four fliers and catalogs to every one of them.

yellowhouse 7 years, 11 months ago

HEy--Did you know that larryville.com is getting shut down as of June 28th. Because the bloggers are out of control! They are posting personal gossip about each other, attacking each other, serving subpeona's on each other, accusing each other of being stalkers, taking over the forum with numerous user names, and involving the Admistration of Larryville in thier court cases along with having posts pulled by court order....GOSSIP has met its match!

Sigmund 7 years, 11 months ago

I have been worried to death about that accident. I was East bound K-10 and came upon the scene just seconds after it happened. I noticed all the debris along the road and saw a vehicle upside down and the wheels still spinning. I pulled over and called 911 and by the time I finished with them there were dozens of cars in the West bound lane pulled over. Some people running to help and others had their warning flashers on and were slowing on coming traffic. I was simply astonished how many people were already helping. I remember thinking no one could have survive that without seat belts. I wish Grace and Sarah a speedy and full recovery.

Ragingbear 7 years, 11 months ago

Radioshack: you got questions, we got your credit card information and are using it to steal your identity.

Ragingbear 7 years, 11 months ago

Radio Shack never seems to have anything I need anymore. Most of the time there would be 3 to 5 people in the store "working" yet seemingly unable to help me. And any place that demands any sort of info from me because I am making a cash transactions isn't going to get it from me.

sittinthefence 7 years, 11 months ago

Yellow House: Did you read the link you posted? It's not Larryville it's a forum on the Capital Journal that is being shut down. The devil is in the details.