Archive for Sunday, September 25, 2005

Ten treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

September 25, 2005


— Ten people were rushed to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after a worker left a forklift running inside a business that makes parts for aircraft manufacturers.

Firefighters were dispatched Friday afternoon to Burnham Composites Inc., where they found dizzy and vomiting employees in the parking lot.

Of the 10 people taken to the hospital, two were listed in serious condition.

The other eight were hospitalized as a precaution. Another seven people were treated at the scene.

Firefighters used fans to ventilate the building. Company president Todd Dugan said the forklift was taken to a mechanic, although there were no known problems with it.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.