Game balls and gassers: KU vs. Texas Tech
Linebacker Joe Dineen, aka Local Boy, was all over the field delivering hits and fished with 10 tackles, 2.5 for a loss.
Defensive tackle Daniel Wise had a sack, a pass break-up, a quarterback hurry, a blocked extra point and five tackles.
The kickers. Nick Bartolotta missed a 22-yard field goal and Matthew Wyman, suddenly the team’s best punter, missed an extra point and two field goals.
Right guard Jacob Bragg was flagged for two false-start penalties in the first quarter.
— See what people were saying about the game during KUsports.com’s live blog.
More news and notes from Kansas vs. Texas Tech
- Different feel: Jayhawks competitive in loss to Texas Tech
- Column: Risks and rewards come with true freshman QB Ryan Willis
- Ben Heeney returns to support Jayhawks
- Notebook: Jayhawks rediscover ground game
- Fourth down debate continues for KU
- Matthew Wyman now punting, too
- Kingsbury: Red Raiders ‘choked’ on offense vs. Kansas
- Fish Smithson leads KU defense with two takeaways
- Game balls and gassers