LJWorld.com weblogs At Whit's End
The weekend's top stories and the LJWorld.com 100-Degree Day Contest
Happy Monday! It's that disgustingly hot time of year in Kansas, and instead of complaining about it we're going to hold a contest.
The 100-Degree Day Contest sponsored by Ron King Agency launches TODAY! If you correctly guess the date and time that Lawrence officially hits 100 degrees, you will win a summer prize pack that includes
- Four tickets to a T-Bones game
- Over-the-shoulder bag cooler
- Giant beach towel
- 16-inch flying disk toy
- Toy sand shovel and molds
- Neutrogena spray-on sunscreen
- Roll-up picnic blanket tote
- EZ-Freeze water bottles
- Fruit Burst drink syrup
Head over to www.ljworld.com/100degrees to see the official rules and submit entries.
Here are the LJWorld.com's most-viewed weekend stories and most-commented items in the last 24 hours:
- McLouth student Justin Johnston shot, killed on school trip to Costa Rica; classmates returning to Kansas
- KDOT commits $192 million to complete South Lawrence Trafficway
- Democrats call Brownback ‘disingenuous’ in touting highway projects
- Multiple gunshots reported outside The Cave Sunday morning, police investigating
- Operation 100 Blog: Shots fired into a crowd and a 100 MPH car chase
Most-commented items in the last 24 hours
- Moderation wanes in Kansas as Brownback off to fast start
- State’s balanced budget could force local governments to increase taxes or cut services
- OTS: If you were to write a book, what kind of book would it be?
- Save the Children solicitors irk some downtown shoppers, business owners
- Blog: Sarah Palin - One Child Left Behind
This will be the only post from me this week. I'm off work Tuesday-Friday for my big brother's wedding.
JK will man the ship with assistance from Casey, our web producer, until I return. I'll be off the grid starting at 5 p.m. today. If you email or message me after that time, it's likely I won't respond until the week of June 13. Have a great week!