LJWorld.com's 100-Degree Day Contest
It's summer in Lawrence, which means it's only a matter of time before the mercury spikes into the triple digits.
Instead of complaining about the heat and humidity, we thought we'd make a game out of it, so LJWorld.com is holding a 100-Degree Day Contest sponsored by Ron King Agency. If you guess the day and time that Lawrence hits 100 degrees for the first time this year, you'll win a summer prize pack that includes:
- Four tickets to a T-Bones game
- Over-the-shoulder bag cooler
- Giant beach towel
- 16-inch flying disk toy
- Toy sand shovel and molds
- Neutrogena spray-on sunscreen
- Roll-up picnic blanket tote
- EZ-Freeze water bottles
- Fruit Burst drink syrup
- Complete the form below.
- Entries will be accepted until midnight Friday, June 17, 2011, or until the temperature hits 100 degrees (whichever comes first).
- You can enter up to five times.
- In the event of a tie, the time will be used as a tie breaker.
- Entries without valid contact information will be disqualified.
- A winner will be selected based on the actual temperature, not the heat index, according to the U.S. National Weather Service forecast.
- If no one guesses the correct date, the entry closest to that date and time will be selected as the winner.
- The contest ends when the temperature in Lawrence hits 100 degrees, according to the U.S. National Weather Service.
- Should the thermometer reach 100 degrees before Friday, June 10, World Company reserves the right to modify the contest to allow for additional entries. Any prior entrants will be notified by email of the change.
- World Company employees are not eligible to enter.
Time Left to Enter