LJWorld.com weblogs At Whit's End
Monday's top stories and my last week at LJWorld.com
Happy Tuesday-leading-up-to-a-holiday-weekend! I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. I've been busy wrapping up some loose ends. More on that below.
Here are your top stories for Monday, June 27, and the most-commented items in the last 24 hours. In case you're wondering, the most-viewed story from the weekend was about "True Blood."
- Power restored to more than 2,700 Westar Energy customers after outage in northwest Lawrence
- Town Talk: Dillons still working on new design for South Mass store; speed cushions coming to streets near KU; seat belt fine to drop from $100 to $10
- Officials still trying to identify body found in east Lawrence creek
- Vandy transfer Andre Walker plans to visit KU basketball
- Rural Lawrence man treated at hospital following moped accident
Most-commented items in the last 24 hours
- Safety net is a moral obligation
- Song Blog: Weed, Wine or Winston. What'll It Be Cowboy?
- Gay rights group protests Brownback’s decision to attend Texas prayer rally
- New state law removes cities’ ability to set their own fines for seat belt violations
- OTS: What summer movie are you most looking forward to?
Well, it's been one of the worst-kept secrets of 2011, but it's time to officially announce that Friday, July 1, is my last day here at LJWorld.com.
I've accepted a position as a consultant at Digital Evolution Group in Overland Park.
Despite the 24/7 nature of this gig, I will miss interacting with you on a daily (and nightly and hourly) basis. I've enjoyed getting to know our online community, hearing your opinions and sharing laughs. And there were definitely some laughs. I've also learned a lot about the more somber details of community moderating. And as there are funny moments, there are serious ones, as well.
I'll continue moderating the site through Friday afternoon. If you need anything before then, I'm here for you. After that, Jonathan Kealing is your man.