Archive for Monday, June 27, 2011

Officials still trying to identify body found in east Lawrence creek

June 27, 2011

Lawrence police detectives and investigators with the Douglas County Coroner’s Office are still working to identify a body found Saturday evening in a creek area in east Lawrence.

Sgt. Matt Sarna, a police spokesman, said on Monday afternoon that detectives continued to conduct interviews and that officers were waiting on more information from the coroner’s office.

Police were called at 7:30 p.m. Saturday to Brookwood Mobile Home Park, 1908 E. 19th St., after a resident discovered the body in a nearby creek, Sarna said.

Police on Sunday said there were “no obvious signs of foul play.”

But Sarna said: “We always investigate any unattended death to the fullest extent until we figure out the circumstances surrounding the incident.”

Comments

sbrummer 4 years ago

I live right behind where this took place, literally. I have reasons to believe and say that this has to be foul play. Just saying.

sbrummer 4 years ago

I said I had reasons to believe and say that this has to be foul play. I am not spreading rumors or trying to sound important, just commenting my opinion just as you did.

TheStonesSuck 4 years ago

mommy_n_me 4 years ago

Can I ask what your reasoning for believing or thinking that is?? I am just curious....

Rae Hudspeth 4 years ago

All you nosey nellies might want to keep your traps shut before you bugger up a police investigation. There are reasons why they don't release the information they may or may not have, and usually it's to help catch someone.

somebodynew 4 years ago

UH 1029, from the comments I have read here and the other article I don't think you really want to see a picture.

Steve Jacob 4 years ago

I saw 4 fire engines and 4 ambulances at full speed at 3PM today going in that direction. Probably unrelated, but a busy few days there.

Surprised they don't know who it is. Guessing every door in the court has been knocked on by the police. The wooded area is not really known to people outside the area.

Reta Cosby 4 years ago

Lord, grant peace to the next of kin that will be notified after fools have had their say. Then have mercy when pain grips the heart of those who have no mercy for others. Amen