Previous   Next

What summer movie are you most looking forward to?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 28, 2011

Browse the archives

“’Harry Potter (and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2).’ We already have tickets.”

“We just saw ‘Super 8’ and that was the only one I was looking forward to.”

Cowboys & Aliens.’”

“The new ‘X-Men.’”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

"Point Blank" is getting poor reviews so I will probably like it. first

rtwngr 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm glad you have something to strive for.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

LOL, my daughter won't go to movies with me because I fall asleep. Slept through clear through one of the Harry Potter movies.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Have some fun with it, send them out to get things that you don't have at home. Your favorite restaurant fare, DQ, or even just to the store. You know those chores you haven't gotten around to, yeah, have them do them for you.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, have some fun with it but don't overdo it! After eight different procedures my family members have learned to go into hiding when I get home.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Exactly, they start to leave you alone

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

jonas_opines 3 years, 5 months ago

Just went and saw Super 8 with my son last night. Hadn't even heard of it before he brought it up, but it was really good.

Only other movie I even know about right now is Harry Potter. Oh, and Transformers, but I don't think I care about that movie unless Megan Fox is in it and I can see it with the dialog in Mandarin. Not being able to understand what they were saying the first one really helped the movie.

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

Miriam has the right idea. "Cowboys & Aliens" looks like great fun. Daniel Craig is bada$$ - which reminds me of the turrble movie news I read recently, just turrble. The diminutive Tom Cruise is in negotiations to play Lee Child's hard nosed hero, Jack Reacher.
Now, Reacher goes 6'4" & 250lbs or so & pounds the living tar outa lots of equally sized opponents (a midget, too, but I digress). Do the movie people not read the books? Daniel Craig could play a no nonsense Marine. He should do it.

somedude20 3 years, 5 months ago

The Human Centipede 2 or Cool Hand Luke II (Luke, you are my father)

drake 3 years, 5 months ago

Whatever we go see it will be in Topeka so we can fuel our vehicle. $3.14 this morning. What is wrong with you Lawrence stations?

drake 3 years, 5 months ago

1029 3 years, 5 months ago

I hear they are going to make a movie version of Bristol Palin's memoir but it won't be in the theaters because of the NC-17 rating.

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

They should combine the two - Winnie the Barbearian

tomatogrower 3 years, 5 months ago

Well, Conan has been in a lot of pooh recently, or at least the actor who portrayed Conan.

trinity 3 years, 5 months ago

that "larry crowne" movie. i am a serious tom hanks junkie. :)

whats_going_on 3 years, 5 months ago

there is no question here...Harry Potter eeeeeeeek! :-)

commuter 3 years, 5 months ago

I am torn between Horrible Bosses or Bad Teacher.