Previous   Next

What summer movie are you most looking forward to?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 28, 2011

Browse the archives

“’Harry Potter (and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2).’ We already have tickets.”

“We just saw ‘Super 8’ and that was the only one I was looking forward to.”

Cowboys & Aliens.’”

“The new ‘X-Men.’”

Comments

commuter 2 years, 9 months ago

I am torn between Horrible Bosses or Bad Teacher.

BABBOY 2 years, 9 months ago

I will wait for them to come out on cable.

I do buy them on the "on demand" feature.

Tonight, although it nothing big, I might watch the "battle for Los Angles" which I think is available now. I like ScFy stuff.

I am sort of looking forward to Super 8 but will wait for cable. I would like to see the Green Lantern and Transformers but I am not wearing 3D glasses. I want to see Captain America but again will wait for it come out on cable.

Off topic, I admit to not liking this 3d trend and will boycott until it goes away or they can do it without the stupid glasses.....

whats_going_on 2 years, 9 months ago

there is no question here...Harry Potter eeeeeeeek! :-)

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 9 months ago

To the LJW men's ultimate breakfast team...

I think these guys are on your heels and coming up fast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYffV7...

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 9 months ago

Barbie's Beach BBQ Bash Seriously check out these Altoids can bbq grills they've made. See the comments for other mini grill inventions they posted. Too fun. One day, collectors are going to go nuts over these homemade minis.

trinity 2 years, 9 months ago

that "larry crowne" movie. i am a serious tom hanks junkie. :)

Andini 2 years, 9 months ago

It's a toss up between "Winnie the Pooh" & "Conan The Barbarian"

CWGOKU 2 years, 9 months ago

Is Andrew really short, or did the picture taker get up on a step ladder to take his photo?

1029 2 years, 9 months ago

I hear they are going to make a movie version of Bristol Palin's memoir but it won't be in the theaters because of the NC-17 rating.

drake 2 years, 9 months ago

Whatever we go see it will be in Topeka so we can fuel our vehicle. $3.14 this morning. What is wrong with you Lawrence stations?

drake 2 years, 9 months ago

somedude20 2 years, 9 months ago

The Human Centipede 2 or Cool Hand Luke II (Luke, you are my father)

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

I got busted sneaking outside....damn it. Then I got busted cooking bacon. But they ate it anyway.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 9 months ago

Waitress. It is in the queue after that beer swilling vampire crap.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

Miriam has the right idea. "Cowboys & Aliens" looks like great fun. Daniel Craig is bada$$ - which reminds me of the turrble movie news I read recently, just turrble. The diminutive Tom Cruise is in negotiations to play Lee Child's hard nosed hero, Jack Reacher.
Now, Reacher goes 6'4" & 250lbs or so & pounds the living tar outa lots of equally sized opponents (a midget, too, but I digress). Do the movie people not read the books? Daniel Craig could play a no nonsense Marine. He should do it.

jonas_opines 2 years, 9 months ago

Just went and saw Super 8 with my son last night. Hadn't even heard of it before he brought it up, but it was really good.

Only other movie I even know about right now is Harry Potter. Oh, and Transformers, but I don't think I care about that movie unless Megan Fox is in it and I can see it with the dialog in Mandarin. Not being able to understand what they were saying the first one really helped the movie.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 9 months ago

g_rock 2 years, 9 months ago

I'm not picky. I'm just there for the popcorn. And the Drive-In action.

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

"Sitting Around Doing Nothing" . It is a really boring movie. It is even worse with children treating you like an invalid....Said I needed adult supervision. Well duh! The new version of "48 Hours" without Nick. It stars Princess.

kusadgirl 2 years, 9 months ago

Any movie with Sam Rockwell. Oh the things I would do to that man.

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 9 months ago

Any kids movie, during which, I can catch a good nap.

Gandalf 2 years, 9 months ago

I'm with Cody. Already have tickets HPDH2 for the 1st showing for me and my grandson's.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 9 months ago

"Life after Winning $989,000,000.00 in the Lottery and Making it Quadruple with an Oscar Nominated Movie that got Brownback kicked out of Office" - a film by Multidisciplinary - based on the book by Multidisciplinary - not funded by the Kansas Arts Commission

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

"Point Blank" is getting poor reviews so I will probably like it. first