Tedarian Johnson, a 6-foot-3, 285-pound defensive tackle from Hinds Community College in Mississippi, orally committed to KU on Monday, according to JayhawkSlant.com.
Johnson finished the 2011 season with 38 tackles and five sacks and has the potential to play either defensive tackle or end at KU. So far this season, he has recorded six tackles and two sacks.
He had planned to take an official visit to Texas Tech but changed his mind and seems set on joining the Jayhawks.
Johnson is a juco teammate of current KU commitment Andrew Bolton, a 6-3, 280-pound defensive end. He becomes the 11th member of the Class of 2013 to pledge his services to the Jayhawks.
Speaking of Bolton, he recently injured his knee and will miss the rest of the season. Despite continuing to receive calls from some big-time programs — Oklahoma, LSU, Mississippi State, among them — Bolton recently told JayhawkSlant.com that his commitment to KU was solid and he was sticking with the Jayhawks.
Here is the complete list of Class of 2013 commitments:
• Kellen Ash, LB, 6-3, 194, Parkway South High, Ballwin, Mo.
• Joey Bloomfield, OL, 6-6, 305, Ballard High, Louisville, Kent.
• Andrew Bolton, DE, 6-3, 280, Hinds C.C., Raymond, Miss.
• Montell Cozart, QB, 6-2, 180, Bishop Miege High
• Jordan Darling, QB, 6-4, 226, Shawnee Mission East High
• Marcus Jenkins-Moore, LB, 6-3, 210, Pierce C.C., Woodland Hills, Calif.
• Ben Johnson, TE, 6-5, 230, Basehor-Linwood High
• Tedarian Johnson, DT, 6-3, 285, Hinds C.C., Raymond, Miss.
• Taylor Lewis, DB, 6-0, 180, DeSoto High, DeSoto, Texas
• Dexter McDonald, DB, 6-2, 203, Butler County C.C., El Dorado, Kan.
• Colin Spencer, DB, 5-10, 179, Woodrow Wilson High, Dallas