Advertisement

Archive for Saturday, July 28, 2012

Man gets probation for chain saw threat

July 28, 2012

Advertisement

A 30-year-old Lawrence man received one year of probation in connection with an incident where he was accused of threatening a 15-year-old boy with a chain saw.

Ryan Shelby Harjo received the sentence Friday after earlier entering a no-contest plea to a charge of making a criminal threat.

He had initially been charged with aggravated assault in the case.

Earlier in court, prosecutors said they had evidence that on April 22, Harjo was angry at the victim because of actions taken by the victim’s mother.

The victim would not leave an apartment in the 1300 block of Michigan Way, so Harjo threatened the victim with a chain saw and began counting down until the boy left the apartment, prosecutors said.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.