Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fire at Perry home displaces family

January 17, 2012

Advertisement

A fire that began in a garage early Monday morning in Perry damaged the home of a Jefferson County family.

Kentucky Township Fire Chief Doug Porter said the accidental electrical fire started in an attached garage and spread, causing smoke and other damage in the rest of the house the family rented on Poplar Street.

Firefighters were called around 1:30 a.m. Monday. No injuries were reported as the parents and their children safely escaped the house, Porter said.

One cat perished. Porter said he believed the occupants stayed with family members Monday, and the fire department also notified the Jefferson County chapter of the American Red Cross.

Two vehicles in the garage were likely a total loss.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.