Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, January 5, 2012

State regulators open investigation of home blast

January 5, 2012

Advertisement

— Kansas regulators have opened an investigation into a natural gas explosion and fire last month that destroyed a Wichita home and injured three occupants.

The Kansas Corporation Commission says it ordered the investigation Wednesday under a federal law that requires it to review incidents involving natural gas that lead to property damage, injuries or fatalities. The commission regulates retail gas service in the state.

Investigators in Wichita have said a space heater may have sparked the Dec. 20 explosion. The house had no working utilities, but the family was running an extension cord to a neighbor's home.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.