Archive for Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Four arrested for burglary at mobile home park

December 11, 2012

Lawrence police arrested four people Monday night after an alleged theft of property — including a camouflaged boat — from the 1900 block of West 31st Street, the former location of the Gaslight Village mobile home park.

Lawrence Police Sgt. Trent McKinley said officers responded to the location about 6 p.m. Monday after receiving a call about a theft in progress.

When police arrived, the suspects had fled in a vehicle, which police stopped in the 2900 block of Iowa Street.

Four suspects were questioned and police determined the group removed items from the property, including a camouflaged boat and trailer connected to a suspect’s vehicle.

Those arrested are:

• James Michael Reisinger, 48, of Topeka, who was booked on charges of burglary of a dwelling and obstructing the legal process.

• Jesse Wayne Remby, 52, of Lawrence, who was booked on charges of burglary of a dwelling and theft by threat.

• Tabitha Darlene Jayne, 43, Bonner Springs, who was booked on charges of burglary of a dwelling and theft.

• Christopher Calvin Jackson, 23, Tonganoxie, who was booked on charges of burglary of a non-dwelling and theft.

All are being held on bonds between $3,500 and $4,000.

Comments

amandabs 1 year, 4 months ago

it was my boat these pices of crap stoled glad they got caught and hope they spend some time in jail when they stole it all it needed was the tires aired up now they did damage to it and its going to cost me atleast $300 to get it fixed and its not like they are going to make it right. I wish all the people out there that want to steal hard working peoples things remember every dog has its day and I hope you end up at the pound. Karma is going to get you one day.

somebodynew 1 year, 4 months ago

KSChick1 - thank you. I thought I might have been confused. I knew I gave someone (you) a thumbs up when I read the comment, but it wasn't there when I came back just now. You really got disapppeared.

I am guessing here that 'micrem' must be confused by what was posted by jwrem, because I certainly was when I read that drivel.

KSChick1 1 year, 4 months ago

very strange how my comment from yesterday about Remby disappeared without even a "This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement." comment from the paper, like it was never even posted. It was there earlier this morning and now...it's gone. I wonder if it's due to this person who tried to contact me privately at 4:30 this morning:

Hello,

The user micrem sent the following message to you via LJWorld.com:

==============================

You seem fimilar with Jesse. Do you know him personally? This came as a shock to me when I seen this online. He is protraying a different person. I couldn't believe it. If you can shed some light please do so. micrem

==============================

Not sure who you are "micrem" but feel free to look him up on the DOC website. With a 30 year criminal history, I don't think my comments are out of line and you can make your own mind up without any input from me. Just be careful who you trust. Sometimes when someone's patting you on the back, they're looking for a place to stick the knife.

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

Looks to me like that boy gots a little rabbit in him. Absconded on a number of occassions. But he is a good man and nobody understands him..and it was her fault..he was pushed into the situation. Jeezz...Where the cousins at?

KSChick1 1 year, 4 months ago

I'm all for giving convicts second chances if they earn and deserve them. Remby was in court last year (even though he says it's been 7 years). The only reason he hasn't been charged with a "person" felony is because some of the things he's done (stealing and writing checks, burglaries, crack use) are either not reported or are ignored by the authorities. You tell the people whose checks he stole or whose house(s)/property were burglarized by this loser that the crime against them wasn't against a "person" and see how well that goes over. As far as the crack, let him smoke it up. Aside from what he does to get the money to do crack, it's mostly only destructive to him. And I'm sorry but I don't believe the "I was just talking to a female and got caught up" story. In most cases, you don't get arrested for just talking to someone.Add in an extensive criminal history and being caught with people who just stole a boat and trailer, and you CAN be arrested. Sorry but it you want folks to think you're reformed, you have to reform all parts of your life, including who you associate with.

bearded_gnome 1 year, 4 months ago

uh Hepburn, the problem is the lax DA. and, you really should excuse yourself, cuz our floppy DA is a Democrat.

Rick Aldrich 1 year, 4 months ago

blue73harley 1 year, 4 months ago

I think they are just misunderstood curbside recyclers.

cheeseburger 1 year, 4 months ago

Wonder what deals the DA will cut with them this time! Let's.see if those with the extensive criminal histories finally fall on the grid somewhere besides presumptive probation.

riverdrifter 1 year, 4 months ago

Sheesh. What a collection of degenerates. I wouldn't go duck hunting with any of them. I'm particular about the degenerates I waterfowl with. See.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 4 months ago

Joe Hyde 1 year, 4 months ago

One hunting boat with trailer, and the quartet arrested for stealing it includes one each from Topeka, Lawrence, Bonner Springs and Tonganoxie. Interesting....

A big "Thank You" to the citizen who phoned this in. Nice job by LKPD, too.

Bob Forer 1 year, 4 months ago

How do you split up a boat four ways? .... Well, with their arrest they won't have to worry about that.

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

What, no golf balls? Good thing it wasn't a kayak.

Steven Gaudreau 1 year, 4 months ago

They should have hidden in the boat.