Lawrence firefighters evacuated the building that includes Internal Medicine Group, 4525 W. Sixth St., after an electrical problem Wednesday afternoon.
Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical Division Chief Doug Green said there was an issue with an electrical transformer in the area 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The location is near Sixth Street and Folks Road. It caused an electrical smell in the building, but nothing caught fire, Green said.
About 40 customers in the area experienced a power outage in the afternoon as Westar Energy crews made repairs, said Shane Batchelder, a Westar spokesman.