Archive for Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fire crews respond to smoldering mattress

April 18, 2012


Fire crews were called about 8 a.m. Wednesday to a possible fire near Oak Hill Avenue and Elmwood Street in east Lawrence. Division Chief Eve Tolefree, a Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical spokeswoman, said a mattress that was smoldering was moved outside of a residence. No other damage was reported.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.