Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crews extinguish couch fire in northern Lawrence garage

May 25, 2011

Advertisement

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical workers were able to extinguish a fire to a couch in a garage in northern Lawrence Tuesday morning without the it causing any major damage to a duplex.

Division Chief Joe Hoelscher said the fire was caused by discarded smoking materials at 3505 Morning Dove Court near Kasold and Grand Vista drives. No one was injured, and the fire did not displace any residents who live on either side of the duplex, Hoelscher said.

It did cause a small amount of damage part of the garage, but a damage estimate was unavailable Tuesday, he said.

Comments

inglec 3 years, 6 months ago

You might want to read the that first paragraph again, "garage in northern Lawrence Tuesday morning without the it causing any major damage to a duplex."

Commenting has been disabled for this item.