Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Four displaced, none injured in cooking fire off Peterson Road

May 4, 2011

Advertisement

Four people were displaced from their town home Wednesday evening after unattended cooking caused fire damage to a residence in the 400 block of John Doy Court.

According to Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical division chief Joe Hoelscher, emergency dispatchers received the call about 6:40 p.m. for a stove that was on fire. Emergency crews arrived at the scene to find smoke pouring out the front door. Hoelscher said crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire inside, which caused significant damage to the kitchen area. The fire damage was limited to one side of the duplex residence.

The Red Cross is assisting the four people who were displaced.

No one, including residents and firefighters, was injured during the incident.

Additional information regarding those displaced or the extent of the damage was not immediately available.

Comments

deec 3 years, 7 months ago

"Cooking fire of Peterson Road?" Is that like a min-series or something?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.