Advertisement

Archive for Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fire on Clare Court caused by smoking materials

July 23, 2011

Advertisement

Improper disposal of smoking materials was determined to have caused a two-alarm fire that damaged the exterior of a residence in the 1400 block of Clare Court Saturday.

According to Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical Division Chief Doug Green, none of the residence’s occupants were injured during the fire, which was contained to the deck. Green said damage estimates to the outside of the structure totaled $10,000.

Green said the incident was upgraded to a two-alarm fire because of the weather.

Comments

Flap Doodle 3 years, 4 months ago

Many smokers act as if a cigarette butt ceases to exist once they drop it. When I become king of the world, smokers will have to turn in 40 butts in order to buy a new pack. Every six months, the toll bumps up another 10 butts. It's a little dream I have.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.