Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, July 7, 2011

Electrical problem pinpointed as cause for Cynthia Street fire

Rachel Purvis talks about a fire at her neighbors' home at 1129 Cynthia. One of the homeowners and a firefighter suffered minor injuries during the fire, which happened around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 5, 2011.

July 7, 2011

Advertisement

Fire investigators have determined a Tuesday afternoon fire that damaged a west Lawrence home was accidental and caused by an electrical problem.

Chief Mark Bradford of Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical said Thursday morning that the fire caused an estimated $234,000 in damage to the house at 1129 Cynthia St., which is near Kasold Drive and Harvard Road.

Ted Faucher, who was home when the fire started, was treated and later released at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. A firefighter was also treated and released at LMH because of heat exposure, Bradford said. The family’s parakeet died in the fire.

Bradford said the fire had progressed through the house and damaged the roof.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.