Archive for Monday, February 21, 2011

Tyshawn Taylor suspended for violating team rules

Kansas guard Tyshawn Taylor pressures Nebraska guard Lance Jeter during the first half on Saturday, Jan. 15, 2011 at Allen Fieldhouse.

February 21, 2011

Kansas men’s basketball coach Bill Self announced Monday morning that he has suspended junior guard Tyshawn Taylor indefinitely for violating team rules.

“Although we are disappointed in Tyshawn, he will remain a member of our team and practice with our team until he is reinstated for competition,” Self said in a release.

Taylor has started 26 of 27 games for KU this season, averaging 8.8 points per game. The Hoboken, N.J., native ranks third in the Big 12 with 4.7 assists per game.

KU plays host to Oklahoma State at 8 p.m. Monday night.

Comments

secrettoalonglife 3 years, 2 months ago

I remember the good old days, when the coach would take "care" of his players. Doug, haven't you explained this to Bill?

secrettoalonglife 3 years, 2 months ago

KUnlv13 3 years, 2 months ago

Look folks, don't let the newspaper gas ya'll up, aite?

KUrolls 3 years, 2 months ago

I'm glad he is in school for an education instead of playing ball. Now he will have time to ace his classes.

onceajhawkalwaysajhawk 3 years, 2 months ago

I can't believe it took this long for coach to pull the plug...Guess he felt strapped until Selby was healthy. I was getting so fustrated watching Taylor in the game that I'd have to change the channel until the next sub. The kid seems like he's got something major distracting him..Really hope he figures it all out for his sake...

Richard Payton 3 years, 2 months ago

"Suspended indefinitely until he is reinstated," thanks coach for not kicking me off the team! Could this be the reason of the KSU loss?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

As my pappy used to say, "That boy doesn't have his head screwed on right."

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

OMG nothing....Bill is probably just tired of watching bad floor play....shoot it, Tyshawn! shoot it!...Let Brady have his minutes, we'll be better off.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 3 years, 2 months ago

I guess this means that Selby must be getting pretty close to 100%.