Archive for Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Police looking for light-colored, late model Mazda 3 in connection with January hit-and-run

Police have released information regarding the suspect vehicle in a January hit-and-run accident. Officials say it is a light-colored Mazda 3.

February 9, 2010

Police are looking for a silver or light-colored 2004 to 2006 Mazda 3, with possible front-end damage, in connection with a Jan. 31 hit-and-run accident that left a Lawrence woman with serious injuries.

Lawrence police are looking for a light-colored 2004 to 2006 Mazda 3 — which would be similar to the car in this Wikipedia photo — in connection with a Jan. 31 hit-and-run accident.

Officers released specifics of the suspect car on Tuesday and asked anyone with information about the accident to call detectives at 830-7430. Anonymous tips can be made by calling Crimestoppers, at 843-TIPS (8477).

Witnesses said a driver hit 32-year-old Krystyn Renfro, as she was walking in the 2700 block of Lawrence Avenue, and then kept driving. The accident occurred about 1:15 a.m. Jan. 31, a Sunday morning.

Renfro was transported by air ambulance to a Kansas City trauma center, where she was listed in serious condition on Tuesday.

Comments

flux 4 years, 10 months ago

WHY 4 years, 10 months ago

Or just drive to another town to have the work done. Police won't check KC or Topeka.

BlackVelvet 4 years, 10 months ago

"Police won't check KC or Topeka." What makes you think that? Some on here may not like the LKPD, but I know they are one of the best Police agencies in this part of the country.

WHY 4 years, 10 months ago

MichaelJ, you are out of your mind. LPD is the laughing stock of police departments in the midwest. Ask a cop from another town.

anoriginal 4 years, 10 months ago

There's a woman in the hospital in serious condition after this accident. She's a mom. Sending lots of thoughts and good vibes for your full recovery, Krystyn.

ralphralph 4 years, 10 months ago

@KRichards ... I don't remember ever seeing that question answered. I suppose it's impolite to even ask it. It seems like there are sidewalks on both sides of the street in that area, though I guess they could have been snow-covered or something. I don't know ... anybody else know? btw ... I was driving last night, dropped someone off, and was leaving the parking lot when I spotted a man about 5 feet from my car, walking in the street in dark pants, dark jacket, dark stocking cap ... He seemed to come out of nowhere and I thought to myself that if I had been looking the other direction at that moment I might have turned right into him. Even though I would have stopped if I had hit him, that wouldn't have kept me from hitting him ... I still get chills thinking about it.
Everybody be careful out there.

sundancewierdo 4 years, 10 months ago

Hey KR, you really think you will get the full story from the LJW? ROTFL! If we are lucky one of the witnesses will get on here and let us know what happened...

Good Luck Krystyn, we are thinking about you, and hope you recover soon...