Archive for Friday, December 10, 2010

Lawrence man booked into Douglas County Jail for aggravated assault, battery, criminal threat charges in June incident

December 10, 2010

A Lawrence man was booked into the Douglas County Jail Thursday afternoon on a warrant for aggravated assault, battery and criminal threat charges related to a June incident in Eudora.

Douglas County prosecutors have filed the charges against 29-year-old Truitt A. Mason, who turned himself in to jail officials.

Eudora police Sgt. Tom Willis said Mason was a suspect in a June 24 altercation at a residence in the 800 Locust Street. Two Eudora men were listed as victims in the case. Mason posted $5,000 bond Thursday through a surety company and was scheduled to appear in court Dec. 23.

Comments

8ball 4 years, 3 months ago

i was lead to believe that criminals only came to lawrence,but heres a big city thug from lawrence going out of town to commit his crimes,WOW,the times they are a changing

Deja Coffin 4 years, 3 months ago

Agreed. And by his web page, it looks like he's going to be a dad. Nice role model you got there!!

annakitty 3 years, 10 months ago

I stumbled across this article and I have to say that the people who posted the comments here are, in my eyes, just as bad as the man they're talking about. Anyone who has ever gotten into a conflict with another person should know that situations can go bad. There isnt even anything in this article saying what exactly happened here, who started it, what exactly went down etc. And so what if he's going to be a father? I think that getting into a fight and/or protecting yourself against whoever you are fighting does not mean you can't raise a good family. There are several people out there who abuse, neglect, and molest their offspring but never go to jail! This guy was at least big enough to man up and turn himself in which unfortunately does not happen much around here. I wouldnt be suprised if 2 or 3 out of 5 people have warrants theyre trying to avoid. I think you all should get off your pedistals. What gives you the right to judge others for their mistakes? What a rude bunch of arrogant, pompous, childish jerks. You should be asshamed of yourselves.

annakitty 3 years, 10 months ago

annakitty 3 years, 10 months ago

annakitty 3 years, 10 months ago

princess81 3 years, 10 months ago

Really? 4 times with the same post. Also, spell check is a wonderful invention!!!

princess81 3 years, 10 months ago

LadyJ 3 years, 10 months ago

Annakitty, if 2 or 3 out of 5 people you know have warrants theyre trying to avoid, you really need to start hanging out with better friends.