Archive for Friday, September 11, 2009

Battery, assault lead to 16-month sentence

September 11, 2009

A Douglas County judge has sentenced a 21-year-old Lawrence man to serve more than a year in prison for punching a person and firing a gun outside a Lawrence restaurant in April.

District Judge Paula Martin on Thursday ordered Stephen R. Patterson to spend 16 months in prison.

Patterson, who pleaded guilty in July to aggravated assault, also will serve six months for battery and 11 months for an earlier cocaine possession charge. Those two sentences will be served at the same time as the 16-month sentence.

Prosecutors say Patterson hit a 21-year-old Kansas University student in the face, pulled a handgun on another person and then fired a round in the air. The incident occurred April 19 in the drive-through lane of Burrito King, 900 Ill., after Patterson rear-ended another car whose occupants were ordering food.

At the time of the incident, Patterson was out of jail on bond for the July 2008 cocaine possession charge. Douglas County District Attorney Charles Branson said Patterson must register as a violent offender because he used a gun during the crime.

Comments

ahahaha 4 years, 5 months ago

Oh we know... Kinda a hater! Here's a clue, don't get yourself knocked up then expect the guy to go away... That's a lifelong commitment sugar...

Sigmund 4 years, 7 months ago

"Douglas County District Attorney Charles Branson said Patterson must register as a violent offender because he used a gun during the crime."

Forget the 16 months in prison, the violent offender paperwork is a nightmare! What a joke our justice system is.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 7 months ago

11 September 2009 at 4:14 p.m.

Permalink Anonymous somebodynew (Anonymous) says…

---wow, SBN, is this your first post removal? maybe we should celebrate.

ifuonlyknew 4 years, 7 months ago

maybe if her son was not her dealer... the whole family is F'd up if you ask me....

redemption 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm disappointed in the amount of people asking about the worthless 1 legged man... I can offer many answers about him, yet nobody is even paying attention to the first question. Ask me anything... What he does for a living.. Where he works... How he spends his free time with one leg.. anything....

KcSlumper 4 years, 7 months ago

Poor Candy? Maybe if she would have put the crack pipe down long enough to raise her kids, maybe this could have been avoided. So.....sad!

somebodynew 4 years, 7 months ago

consumer1 4 years, 7 months ago

Anyone know where candy is living?

redemption 4 years, 7 months ago

--consumer1 --Bladerunner

Ha.. I know who you're talking about, he lived in my basement for a few months before purchasing an old school bus to move into. I never heard he got it stolen, I remember the police took it when his friends at a previous residence were showing it to neighborhood children, the police confused by all the 2-legged people, took the foot.

that guy, right?

ifuonlyknew 4 years, 7 months ago

I personally am glad that this idiot is going to prison. He has caused me and my family grief over the last few years and im glad he wont be around for awhile.

tellitlikeitis 4 years, 7 months ago

HogJiver 4 years, 7 months ago

How about 16 years................

misslawrence 4 years, 7 months ago

Poor Candy,.,.I wonder how she's holding up with this stuff about her son,..,,..,

Bladerunner 4 years, 7 months ago

It was in a bucket..not a jar. And I think he moved....slowly.

consumer1 4 years, 7 months ago

Speaking of? What ever happened to the guy who had his foot stolen off his front porch? Remember, the guy who had his foot in a jar pickled? Or was that just a rumor?

doc1 4 years, 7 months ago

This is the same idiot that accidentally shot himself a few years back. Real gangsta.

Beer Guy 4 years, 7 months ago

Whats wrong with this town when you cant even order nasty dried up food without being beaten up and shot at. I didn't know I lived in Topeka.

consumer1 4 years, 7 months ago

Consequences for shooting a gun in the air and punching someone and possession of cocaine? In Lawrence??? Unheard of. What is becoming of this judicial system? What is a dirt bag supposed to do for fun?? Go to Topeka??