A 16-member committee will conduct a national search for the next provost and executive vice chancellor of Kansas University’s Lawrence campus, Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little announced Wednesday.
KU is searching for a replacement for Richard Lariviere, who left KU earlier this year to become president of the University of Oregon. Danny Anderson, a former associate dean of liberal arts who last year became vice provost for academic affairs, is serving as interim provost.
Chairing the committee will be Mabel Rice, KU’s Fred and Virginia Merrill Distinguished Professor of Advanced Studies.
Other committee members:
• Ann Brill, dean of the William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications.
• Marta Caminero-Santangelo, chair of the English department.
• Lisa Friis, associate professor of mechanical engineering.
• Diane Goddard, vice provost for business and finance.
• John Hachmeister, associate professor of visual art.
• Bob Hanzlik, professor of medicinal chemistry.
• Christopher Haufler, chair of the ecology and evolutionary biology department.
• Mason Heilman, student body president.
• Jeannette Johnson, assistant to the provost and president of Unclassified Senate.
• Paul Koch, professor of business.
• Stacy Leeds, professor of law.
• Terry Proctor, a learning and development specialist for Human Resources and Equal Opportunity.
• Paul Terranova, vice chancellor for research, KU Medical Center.
• Milton Wendland, graduate student.
• Lisa Wolf-Wendel, professor of educational leadership and policy studies and president of Faculty Senate.