Archive for Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lawrence man arrested after knife incident at Brothers

October 1, 2009

A 23-year-old Lawrence man was arrested early Thursday morning after an incident involving a knife.

The incident occurred about 1:36 a.m. at It's Brothers Bar and Grill, 1105 Mass.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman, officers were called to the scene after reports of a disturbance with a weapon. When officers arrived at the scene, the suspect had already fled the area. Officers identified one victim in the incident, another 23-year-old Lawrence man. Bordman said the victim suffered minor injuries to the neck during the incident but refused medical attention.

Police were able to locate the suspect, who had left the scene heading westbound on 11th Street. According to arrest reports, Harlan Masqua was arrested in the 100 block of North Park Street on charges of aggravated battery at 1:59 a.m. Thursday.

Comments

whitney harper 4 years, 6 months ago

who the hell cares what side of town you live in!

Just a random question but if you live in the country where do you stand? The bad or good side of things? Just because you can't afford to live in the million dollar houses doesn't mean your trash or whatever. I live in a nice place, with nice people all around me, oh and did i mention it's a MOBILE HOME COMMUNITY! NOT A TRAILOR PARK!!! Lived in the country for 20 years and my mom lived there for 50, the same house my family built 50 years ago. See it matters not where you live it matter what you make of where you live. GROW UP PEOPLE!!!

bearded_gnome 4 years, 6 months ago

If you are going to run from the cops, walk more than a block.

--and it took him 20 minutes!

was he without his navigational aid?

"for Brothers, turn left in 27-feet."

Beer Guy 4 years, 6 months ago

You had a real role model there AreUNorml.

maxcrabb 4 years, 6 months ago

And the soda on the keyboard comment goes to AreUNorml for the best advice yet worst mental image of the day!

Stuart Evans 4 years, 6 months ago

my dad always taught me that I should never bring anything to a fight that I didn't want shoved up my ass.

Jim Williamson 4 years, 6 months ago

Hey, Officer Krupke -- krup you!

Sorry. Here's my man card.

Beer Guy 4 years, 6 months ago

Sounds like this guy really gets off on knifing people. Are you sure he's not from Topeka or KC MO?

das 4 years, 6 months ago

Ohhhh you beat me ChiHawkInKS....jus' don't knife me bro (or broette)!

ChiHawkInKS 4 years, 6 months ago

This same guy was involved in another knife fight nealy 3 years ago at Club Liquid:

TheGreatSantini 4 years, 6 months ago

Some good old fashioned knife play.

somedude20 4 years, 6 months ago

Funny, you would have to stab me in order to get me inside Brothers. When I lived at 12th and Kentucky, I was lucky enough to walk past that place many times on my way home and watched and listened to the "bro-man" work their magic. They fight for 3 things: women, money, bravado. Don't taze me bro

naturalist 4 years, 6 months ago

Are the Lawrence bars going to have to start having metal detectors to keep the weapons out of their businesses? Sheesh. Can't believe how many kids are carrying these days.

autie 4 years, 6 months ago

He too, as in also, is not my cousin.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 4 years, 6 months ago

If you are going to run from the cops, walk more than a block.

Randall Barnes 4 years, 6 months ago

NO I LIVED ON THE SOUTH EAST SIDE GROWING UP,MOVED TO THE ALVAMAR NEIGHBORHOOD,LOST MY JOB HAD TO SELL MY HOME NOW BACK EAST OF KASOLD.SO I GUESS THAT MAKES ME NOT SO GOOD ANYMORE BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY.TY WEST LAWRENCE RESIDENCE WHO THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE

redmoonrising 4 years, 6 months ago

Nice to see you're not prejudiced or envious, rando. Wouldn't want someone like that polluting your neighborhood, obviously east of Kasold where no crime occurs or criminals reside. It's attitudes like yours that contribute to the divisiveness of Lawrence. Ironically, I came to Lawrence in 1965, have lived on every side of this town but I wasn't born here so that makes me an interloper?

Randall Barnes 4 years, 6 months ago

YES A LAWRENCE MAN AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL HE LIVES WEST OF KASOLD WITH THE REST OF YOU