Advertisement

Archive for Friday, November 6, 2009

KU student who accidentally ingested chemical in good condition at LMH

November 6, 2009

Advertisement

A Kansas University student who accidentally ingested a toxic chemical has been upgraded to good condition, a university official said Friday afternoon.

Lynn Bretz, a KU spokeswoman, said the student had also been transferred out of Lawrence Memorial Hospital’s intensive care unit.

The graduate student, whom KU did not identify, had apparently ingested sodium azide, a toxic chemical, while working Wednesday night in a lab on the fifth floor of Malott Hall.

Bretz said no additional information was available Friday on the details surrounding the incident.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.