Law enforcement report
• Lawrence detectives arrested a 21-year-old Lawrence man on charges of rape of a child Friday afternoon.
Bond was not set for the suspect, who was arrested at 6:30 p.m. Friday. No additional details were available Friday night.
• A 61-year-old Lawrence woman was arrested on charges of battery at 6:25 p.m. Friday afternoon. Officers arrested her in the Gaslight Village mobile home park, 1900 W. 31st St. Her bond was not set Friday night.
• Lawrence police Friday afternoon arrested a 36-year-old Lawrence man for purse-snatching following an incident in an apartment complex parking lot in the 1000 block of West 24th Street.
A 90-year-old woman was walking in the parking lot when a man came up behind her, grabbed her purse and ran east down an alley, police said. A neighbor picked up the woman and they drove to Dillons, 1015 W. 23rd St., where they saw a man rummaging through a purse. Police were called and the neighbor began honking his horn at the suspect, who then approached the car, police said. He gave the woman’s personal items to the neighbor and then ran away. All of the woman’s belongings were recovered and she was not injured, police said.
The suspect was booked into jail for robbery, burglary, theft and criminal damage to property, but formal charges were pending.
• Two Lawrence men were arrested on charges of robbery Friday morning in the 3600 block of East 25th Street.
Officers with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office had warrants for their arrest and took the two men, a 26-year-old and a 28-year-old, into custody about 9:30 a.m. Friday. Bond was set at $10,000 for the suspects.
No additional details were available Friday night.
• A 21-year-old Lawrence man reported battery at The Hawk, 1340 Ohio. The incident occurred at 1:05 a.m. Friday.
• A 24-year-old Lawrence man was booked into jail early Friday morning on charges of battery, criminal trespassing, domestic battery and criminal damage to property. He was arrested by Lawrence police in the 1000 block of Missouri Street at 3:38 a.m. Friday.
• Lawrence police arrested a 37-year-old man from Lawrence on charges of vehicle burglary, theft, battery and criminal damage to property. He was arrested in the 100 block of West 13th Street near The Castle Tea Room at 10:42 p.m. Thursday. Bond was set at $2,000.
• Grass fire, 1800 E. 1700 Road, 10:49 p.m. Friday.
• Grass fire, 1250 N. 100 Road, 10:40 p.m. Friday.
• House fire, 1946 Clifton Court, 12:15 p.m. Friday.