Archive for Wednesday, February 4, 2009

KU adds four-star recruit McDougald to signing class

February 4, 2009

The Kansas football program picked up its fourth four-star recruit on Wednesday, as Bradley McDougald has signed with the Jayhawks, Rivals.com is reporting.

McDougald, a safety from Dublin, Ohio, originally committed to Ohio State before also considering KU, Colorado and Wisconsin.

Flash player

Bradley McDougald highlight video

Comments

Gootsie 5 years, 2 months ago

And a smart one. He left after one year of redshirt and year of being a tackling dummy.

ChiHawkInKS 5 years, 2 months ago

This article has since been updated after I made my first post. I of course knew this was for the football team. However, some readers may not have known this. I was just pointing out an error on LJWorld's part. This is a great pickup though!

Gootsie 5 years, 2 months ago

I do remember TOB. My son played for him. Said he was a very nice man but, well, just but...Go Hawks! I am loving all this great news on recruiting!

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 2 months ago

I can vouch for Sandrat and Chihawk that the article has been updated.Today is National Signing Day. Nice to see KU is doing well. LSU, FLa, hell... all the traditional power schools are raking in big timers today. We are happy with 4 four star players. Bama fans don't even pay attention to four star recruits. We have a hell of a coaching staff that can coach and recruit. Remember when Terry Allen coached and recruited. I feel sick even thinking about it.

sandrat 5 years, 2 months ago

Okay, I meant to say...I may be crazy, but I'm NOT an idiot.However, I think I may have proved that I am crazy AND an idiot. Oh well. There are worse things in life, I guess.

bangaranggerg 5 years, 2 months ago

Picked him up Wednesday, huh? Guess that's how the recruit wanted it reported for some reason. Because his letter was signed like 2 months ago.

sandrat 5 years, 2 months ago

LJ World updated the original article. Thanks LJ World for updating the article but not noting that it has been revised since originally posted. That's some good journalistic integrity you got going on there.I may be crazy, but I'm an idiot.

Kyle Reed 5 years, 2 months ago

Now THIS is seriously some good news!

Larry Bauerle 5 years, 2 months ago

Seriously, this could be for the chess squad for all we know.Really? The first line about football program and the later statement that he plays safety wasn't a clue? The fact we can get athletes like this to consider KU over OSU and others is a great testament to the coaching staff. Great job.

cheeseburger 5 years, 2 months ago

sand and chi - Doesn't the first line of the article address your questions?The Kansas football program picked up its fourth four-star recruit on Wednesday, as Bradley McDougald has signed with the Jayhawks, Rivals.com is reporting

edjayhawk 5 years, 2 months ago

Wow! We have never had a class with four 4-stars.

63BC 5 years, 2 months ago

We got a guy from Ohio over OSU?Hot damn!

ChiHawkInKS 5 years, 2 months ago

Seriously, this could be for the chess squad for all we know.

sandrat 5 years, 2 months ago

Is this for the basketball team or the football team?