Law enforcement report
• A Douglas County Sheriff’s officer arrested a 24-year-old Wichita man Tuesday morning on a warrant for several charges, including aggravated robbery and kidnapping.
The man was booked into the Douglas County Jail on a 2007 case for aggravated failure to appear and on a 2008 case, which included one aggravated burglary charge, five kidnapping charges and four aggravated robbery charges. Additional information was not available Tuesday evening.
• A 17-year-old Ottawa girl was taken to an area hospital Tuesday afternoon after her car struck a van on Kansas Highway 68 in Franklin County.
According to a Kansas Highway Patrol report, Laurie Ann White, 17, about 3:30 p.m. failed to yield to a westbound van on K-68 after White had stopped while headed north on Eisenhower Road. White’s 1990 Toyota Corolla struck the driver’s side of the van.
White, who was wearing a seat belt, was treated and released from Overland Park Regional Medical Center. The driver of the van, V. Eileen Marquis, 70, of Vassar, also wore her seat belt and suffered a possible injury, but no hospital was listed on the report.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported these responses:
• Smoke detector activation, 3:35 a.m. Tuesday, 1475 Jayhawk Blvd.
• Motor vehicle and bicycle accident, 9:17 p.m. Monday, Monterey Way and Trail Road.
• Brush or brush and grass fire, 11:56 a.m. Monday, along East 21st Terrace.