Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fire ruled accidental

Damage estimated at $50,000

February 5, 2008, 1:12 a.m. Updated February 5, 2008, 11:04 a.m.

Advertisement

Fire crews respond to house fire

Fire crews responded to a house fire at 2454 Arkansas early this morning. Heavy smoke and heat in the house's attic prompted firefighters to cut a hole in the roof to ventilate. Enlarge video

Lawrence fire crews were called early this morning to a house fire at 2454 Ark.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental and is believed to have started in the fireplace, according to Division Chief Eve Tolefree.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.

The people who live in the home made it out safely and no injuries were reported.

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical responded at 12:46 a.m. The first crews on the scene reported fire and heavy smoke in the attic and roof areas of the home and called for a second alarm. The fire was declared under control at 1:11 a.m.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.