Archive for Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lawrence pool closed after water contaminated

Lawrence parks and Recreation Department temporarily closed the Outdoor Aquatics Center on Tuesday to disinfect the pool.

August 5, 2008

The Lawrence Outdoor Aquatic Center, 727 Ky., was closed Tuesday because of diarrhea in the water that occurred at a morning swim event.

Pool staff raised the chlorine levels as part of the cleanup procedure. The pool is expected to be open today, said Lori Madaus, aquatics supervisor.

Comments

Roadkill_Rob 5 years, 11 months ago

I can't believe the fringe looney leftist socialist communist liberals from Lawrence allow this type of behavior. The city commission should be ousted for this and Barack Obama should be held accountable b/c he's an elitist.

slickmick 5 years, 11 months ago

It's no big deal. It turns out it was just a Baby Ruth bar that fell in the pool and caused mass hysteria.

LooPerkinsucks 5 years, 11 months ago

I heard Mangino was losing weight, but that's one heckuva way to go about it...

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 11 months ago

THANK YOU for closing the pool!! That's nothing to be messing with.

mmiller 5 years, 11 months ago

Everbody...Sing with me...If you're ridin' in your chevy and you feel something heavy....Diarrhea.....Diarrhea...

twaldaisy 5 years, 11 months ago

Too, too funny akt2, bet I know some of the same guys! LOL

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

The Lawrence Outdoor Aquatic Center, 727 Ky., was closed Tuesday because of diarrhea in the water, which occurred at a morning swim event.---written as if ...the diarrhea just happened without any human agency! yyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkk!wonder if Googleearth captured that lovely image of lawrence today! clearly, this had to be bush's fault. a secret false flag conspiracy to distract people from ... uh ... well ... uh ... oh, I know, to distract people from the *anthrax scandal where elements (supersecret and superefficient, waay beyond the usual federal government standards) ... attacked our own people! yeah, that has to be it! false flag diarrhea!

chappel 5 years, 11 months ago

I heard that krypto was discovered at a local pool a few weeks ago. I was wondering why it wasnt reported in the paper?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 11 months ago

Ew... bio-semi-solids ( aplenty, in this forum ).

BigPrune 5 years, 11 months ago

Some people think it's funnybut it's really dark and runny.

senor 5 years, 11 months ago

I'm sorry I did that and I'm sorry I had corn for dinner.

SofaKing 5 years, 11 months ago

Next time I will wear my pullups after eating those city pool hot dogs.

Haiku_Cuckoo 5 years, 11 months ago

If it wasn't for the lousy economy, people would be able to afford air conditioning and could keep cool at home instead of relying on the local pool to cool off. This tragedy could have been averted if Bush hadn't invaded Iraq and trashed our economy.

Roadkill_Rob 5 years, 11 months ago

Sorry, I just wanted to go ahead say that before the wing nuts do.

blackhawkx 5 years, 11 months ago

I hope that an episode of cryptosporidium doesn't develop...

akt2 5 years, 11 months ago

I know several grown men that have this problem on a regular basis. Although they don't swim at the pool, they have been seen rinsing their drawers out on occasion.

Wendy magillicutty 5 years, 11 months ago

dont assume it was a kid; the pool is not open to the general public in the morning. It is open for swimming lanes and lessons only. It could have been a morning swimmer. double ew.can't stop it with willpower.

Puff_Dragon 5 years, 11 months ago

Kid was probably just tryin' for some jet propulsion with bubble power. Just didn't work out......

bookemdano 5 years, 11 months ago

Really disappointed i couldn't be the first to post "DOODIE!"--because that is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this story.

cato_the_elder 5 years, 11 months ago

DP, I thought you had decided to forgo the muni pool this summer. Shame on you.

BaxterC 5 years, 11 months ago

Obviously, there is a serial pooper going to the pool this summer.

JHOK32 5 years, 11 months ago

Actually you can kill crypto with chlorine if you raise the level to 20 ppm for 13 hours. www.cdchealthyswimming.com

KatB73 5 years, 11 months ago

Why assume it was a child? I guess no adults ever have diarhea? So, can someone answer why they sell adult diapers? Oh, wait must be for the right wing conservatives waiting for the black helicopters to fly over Lawrence. That way they won't miss anything.....

gbaker 5 years, 11 months ago

There is such a fine line between formed and unformed.

LittleCamazotz 4 years, 1 month ago

I really don't understand that it says 2008 while it's 2010. Though i'm heading to the pool tomorrow since my houses air contradiction broke and everything is way too hot. And it's kinda humid outside too so yeah i'm gonna head there tomorrow.

LittleCamazotz 4 years, 1 month ago

LittleCamazotz 4 years, 1 month ago

LittleCamazotz 4 years, 1 month ago

LittleCamazotz 4 years, 1 month ago

ah ha ha.. sorry for the too many comments i thought it wasn't working.. trying to get the comment on.